PDA

View Full Version : So I'm watching "Maury" and wondering how do they get these people?

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
(I don't ever watch this stuff, it was just on and this particular show caught my attention.)

This episode is about mothers who have been cheating on their husband throughout their marriage and as a result the father's kids might not actually be his. They surprise the father with this news on tv and of course blood test him and show the results.

So how do they get these people? Are these stories real or is it all staged? Why do you people want to go on this show to break the news to their husbands? Is the cost of a blood test far too much to do it on your own or is it because the women don't have the courage to tell their husbands so they come out in this ridiculous way. If you were the husband, wouldn't you demand that the wife tell you what the news was before agreeing to come out to this show? I know for sure I wouldn't want to have my wife breaking some bad news to me on Maury.

BWebb
06-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I don't know where they get them, but the "You are NOT the father" reaction is one of my favorite moments in the history of television. I also love that they run this type of show about 3 times a week.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
You're giving these people way too much credit. Think of their intelligence level first before you assign them any ability to use reason or logic. They want to be on tv.

tpir90036
06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
The same way all of these shows get their guests: They have phone numbers where you can call in and tell them what your deal is. They get people because people (and especially rubes) like being on TV. Maybe they get some spending money too so that they can pick up a rock of crystal meth on the way home.

Pocket Trips
06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
My favorite is the 1 whore that had 7 (yes SEVEN!) guys tested and NONE of them were the father

jakethebake
06-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite is the 1 whore that had 7 (yes SEVEN!) guys tested and NONE of them were the father

[/ QUOTE ]

Her mother must be so proud.

jcx
06-08-2005, 03:55 PM
They get paid for their appearances, and they get put up in a nice hotel. If you were a crack whore living in a cockroach infested sewer you'd probably jump at the chance to make an easy thousand or so and sleep in a nice bed for a few nights. A few of the idiots on this show have been on 5 and 6 times. The whores and johns don't bother me as much as Maury though. He's the smarmiest bastard on TV. He actually pretends to give a sh*t about these ignoramuses coming on the show to have a spectacle made of them. Jerry Springer is much more honest, he knows his show is a joke and just goes with it.

wayabvpar
06-08-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm watching "Maury" and wondering how do they get these people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words- Trailer parks.

ddollevoet
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM
This had to be the one I saw. At that time she was on for the 3rd or 4th time and still couldn't find the father.