PDA

View Full Version : "Remove Your Debt The Christian Way"..WTF kind of email is this??

craig r
06-08-2005, 02:05 PM
I go to check my email today and I have an email with the subject "Remove your debt the christian way." Then inside it has a picutre of a "pretty" sky and a husband and wife holding each other (I can only assume they are married or possibly sinners). Then it tells me I can eliminate 70% of my debt. And then has a (incomplete) quote from Proverbs (everybody's favorite I am sure), "The borrower......is a slave to the lender". What kind of crap is this? What is the "christian way." I am really tempted to prank call them and find out.

craig

p.s. The name os the company is ChrisitianDebtRemovers.org and their slogan is "Debt elimination services based on christian principles." Is this a joke?

jason_t
06-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Do they suggest passing around a wicker collection basket?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
No condoms allowed.

jakethebake
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they suggest passing around a wicker collection basket?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps require everyone you know to give you 10% of their annual income lest you excommunicate them? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
06-08-2005, 02:16 PM
old stuff, really - the Christian principle is never go into debt, so they say. Based upon Proverbs, which aren't really Biblical commandments, but more of suggestions on life in many cases.

There's a lot of money to be made by stamping "What would Jesus X" and selling it - by stating this is the Christian way, you are implying that by not doing it this way, you are doing it an Un-Christian way - i.e. sinful - so buy your way out of sinfulness by purchasing our book.

What would Jesus Drive
What would Jesus Eat
What would Jesus do to get out of debt....

all for sale at decent prices - LOL

RB

xadrez
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Or...Whose pooper would Jesus stick it in...

Sorry couldnt resist

BusterStacks
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Maybe you have to be a literal slave to your lender so as to motivate you to pay faster.

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
this is one of the best scams i believe to have ever seen

whiskeytown
06-08-2005, 05:02 PM
funny you should mention that....

surveys have shown that Christian girls in college are more likely to have oral sex and backdoor sex then other girls, but of course a much lower chance of vaginal sex.

Christian College kids should all become lawyers - they scour the bible looking for loopholes and ways to get what they want without betraying the letters of the law - so of course, oral and anal sex technically don't take out a woman's virginity, which is to be saved for marriage. It's very strict about remaining a virgin till you're married. And also, once you sleep with someone, that's your husband/wife - you don't need a ceremony.

So, TECHNICALLY, if you want to be specific, the Bible doesn't prohibit it, so anyone's pooper will do. If you read between the lines, stretch a lot, and convince her that you love her and you're gonna marry her anyways, yer good to go.

I also know a couple who were gonna pull out before going all the way - figuring if they didn't climax, it was ok - (or maybe they were dry humping - I never wanted to ask) - in any case, she got knocked up.

BTW, these definitions are BS, this is BS, I know, and it was BS when Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with her but she did with him in his lawyerly definition -

I don't know a wife in the world who will be happy you slept with your coworker but didn't have sex cause she blew you and you stuck it in her pooper, but you know....that's the way it works in that society - it's it's own little fantasy world.

and people wonder why I drink/get depressed/[censored] up so much - I can't forget this [censored] no matter how hard I try.

RB