PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 30-60 -- 44 in BB

YoureToast
06-08-2005, 12:44 PM
30-60 Bellagio
UTG+1 tight aggressive Bellagio pro raises preflop....I call in BB with 44.
Flop JJJ rainbow
I check, pro bets, I call
Turn 5
I check, pro bets, I call
River Q
I check, pro checks.

andyfox
06-08-2005, 01:08 PM
If I had somehow got there, I'd have bet the river, giving him a chance to fold any pocket pairs below a queen, or to call with A-K.

But I think I'd have folded pre-flop.

I hope Clarkmeister doesn't read that.

"Flop JJJ rainbow"

-Is there any other kind? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

YoureToast
06-08-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Flop JJJ rainbow"

-Is there any other kind? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just making sure you're paying attention. gh

Sal Allegra
06-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Why did you call an Early Position raise with 44 in the BB? Why not re-raise or fold (assuming it's just you and the pro). Why not raise the flop and avoid giving a free card if you didn't put the pro on a pair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif(this is debatable though because the pot is small)

oreogod
06-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah either fold or re-raise. I probably muck. a tight-aggressive Bellagio Pro, raises UTG and u are out of position. It would be pretty easy for him to force u off a weak hand, which u have.

This is like the whole AK, AQ agrument when a great player raises UTG and u are in SB with AK or AQ. You are either tied or beaten, but almost never ahead.

YoureToast
06-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Please ignore the preflop action as really it was not my question, although I appreciate your thoughts. My question concerns all of the post flop actions, where, quite frankly, I had no idea what line to take.

mikelow
06-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Gotta call a pair in the BB. You're getting better odds to call. If it's ok to defend with xxs, then certainly you can call with pocket fours.

Actually, I'm a bit tighter than that, but I will defend with all pocket pairs, except maybe deuces. I also will defend as weak as 108s only.