PDA

View Full Version : A5 clubs, flop play with an all in player.

Bob T.
01-06-2003, 05:53 AM
Online 3-6 game,

Limpers to me in mid position with A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . I limp, 1 more limper, and the blinds call. 5 to see the flop.

Flop J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

The blinds check, 1st limper bets, he has 1 small bet left. Second limper folds. I have 1 limper, and the blinds still left to act. I know that I am a favorite to make at least two pair by the river, but if I am headsup with the first limper, I have no implied odds after the flop. On the other hand, if I am headsup with him, seeing the river won't cost me anything.

Do you raise or call and try and draw more players into the pot.

I raised, all folded to the first limper who called allin.

A club came on the river, and I beat his JT for a pair of Jacks.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.

Ed Miller
01-06-2003, 06:01 AM
I usually just raise on the flop and pray I get cold-callers. You have a big hand, and it is definitely worth a raise. Besides, if you do get it headsup, you may be able to win without improvement.

Trapper
01-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Tough call. I probably would have raised only because i'm hyper. If i thought he didn't have the jack i might have waited and popped him on the turn (oh, he was all in nevermind). In that case maybe just call instead and bet turn for value?
Thanks for your reply about the online games. I figured they would be easier than live ones. I'll give it a shot. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif