PDA

View Full Version : Why 5 / 6-max?

pjsub
06-08-2005, 10:38 AM
What are most people's reasons for playing the 5 or 6 max tables? Are they more profitable in terms of BB/100 than full ring? Or does the greater number of hands per hour make up for a slightly lower BB/100 than full ring?

Personally I prefer the 6-max tables because of the speed of play and because it give me more chance to study my opponents. I'd be interested as to why other people play them.

Thanks

imitation
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I prefer HU and 3handed because I am degenerate gambler and crave action...this is why this forums is full of 30/20 style players. None of us are particularly good we're just action junkies.

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
as one moves up through the limits, SH games are where the fish are.

Adam

King Yao
06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Games are good online. Full games are good, Shorthanded games are good. But I prefer Shorthanded games for several reasons:

1. I get to play more hands, and play them aggressively. Its a lot more fun than waiting for premium hands. I can't stand playing in early position in a full game, it is just too boring!

2. The full games online take so long sometimes, it is really awful to play. Waiting for several players to take 10 seconds each to act pre-Flop is just frustrating. This happens sometimes in shorthanded games too, but from my experience, not nearly as often.

3. When there is a weak player in a full game, you have to take turns with 8 other guys to take his money. With a weak player in a shorthanded game, there are only 4 or 5 other guys to share with. When there are two weak players, then its heaven.

PokerBob
06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are most people's reasons for playing the 5 or 6 max tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

$$$$$$$$$

Silverback
06-08-2005, 11:48 AM
I like 6 max simply because there more fun, plenty more action.

Also I think 1 aspect is that there is little written on how to best play shorthanded poker, even though 6 max isnt strictly shorthanded,

However you still have to come up with a different strategy than you would use at a full table, so I enjoy that part of it as well.

Subby
06-08-2005, 12:02 PM
What King Yao said...

Stefan_K
06-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm playing it to learn some basics so that i can jump up to 15/30 full (this was my goal before they put up 20/40 30/60)