PDA

View Full Version : Tournament overview to review

hummusx
06-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Yesterday afternoon I started up some 55s when I got home as usual. I went 9 straight without placing ITM and then played this game, after which I quit because I was tilting all over the place. I can post a full hand summary for anything here if it's helpful. I'm looking for 'should haves' along with 'should NOT haves'.

Fold J9o in MP
Fold 98o in MP
Fold 85o in EP
Fold T3o in EP

Call w/ 88 UTG, MP raises to 55, call (40). Check scary flop and turn, fold to turn bet.

Fold 73o to a raise in BB

Raise KK behind 2 limpers in SB. BB and limpers call. All fold to standard bet on flop.

Cold call 60 with AQo behind a MP limper and raiser. 4 to the flop, call a small flop bet on uncoordinated low board, fold to large turn bet.

Fold K5 in LP
Fold 95 in MP

--Blinds going up (15/30)--
Fold 87 in MP
Fold 74 in EP
Fold 85 in EP
Fold J3 UTG
Check A9o behind 4 limpers in BB. Fold to sizable flop bet on T75r.
Fold J5o in SB
Fold T9o behind 2 limpers in LP
Fold 42s in MP
Fold 64o in MP

--Blinds going up (25/50)--
Fold 95o in EP
Fold A4s UTG
Fold J2o in BB to minraise from CO+1
Fold T6o in SB behind limper
Fold 92s on the button behind a limper
Raise 88 to 165 from CO. Button calls. Bet 280 on [JJ7] 2 diamonds, called. Push on [2] turn. Button folds.
Fold 98o from MP
Fold 54o UTG+1
Fold QTo UTG
Fold 75s in BB to MP minraise.

--Blinds going up (50/100)-- {7 left, T1395}
Fold Q5s in SB to MP minraise
Fold J4s on button
Fold 94o in CO
Fold 92o in MP
Fold 86o UTG+1
Fold K9o UTG
Fold A2o in BB to buttons 3.5x raise
Push ATo in SB (12.5x BB)
Fold KQo on button behind UTG+1 limp
Fold J4s on button (1 player eliminated)

--Blinds going up (100/200)-- {6 left, T1345}
Fold 83o in CO
Fold 64o UTG+1
Fold T8o UTG
Fold T9o in BB to UTG minraise
Push K9o on button, called by SB for just over half his stack with ATo. Board is QQ533 and I'm out.

swarm
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Pretty standard really, you were in decent shape in level 5 six handed. You got caught on a blind steal and didn't suck out. happens to everyone. Can't fault the steal attempt with k9off (not my favorite stealing hand) all that much even though you did push on the SB the orbit before, you had a decent hand at the time but he didn't know that.

All you can do is place yourself in this situation on a regular basis and you when money as the % turn in your favor.

1C5
06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah I had a 18 OTM streak to start last nights play in the 22s. It sucked, should have known when my AA lost to 55, then 77, then TT, then 83o back to back to back to back to back. Oh well.

hummusx
06-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for comments so far guys. Just wanted to make sure that I stated that I didn't post this because of the last hand. I've had a terrible run in general at the 55s, and the 10 game OOTM streak made me decide that I should post a few summaries up and see what kind of mistakes I'm making, whether it be left over leaks from previous levels or failure to adjust to the 55s.

45suited
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Blinds 50-100. You had 1395.

Fold KQo on button behind UTG+1 limp

Without seeing HH, hard to comment on, but if UTG+1 had been limping alot, I would've made a raise here. If not, I take it you thought he was limping with a very strong hand? This would be read dependent, but I think that much of the time you could've stolen this pot.

hummusx
06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
That hand really popped out at me too. I looked around to see if I was missing something, because it seemed strange that would fold here. I don't recall if (at the time) I felt like I had a read. Would this always be a raise/fold scenario, or does anyone think calling would be an ok play?

45suited
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That hand really popped out at me too. I looked around to see if I was missing something, because it seemed strange that would fold here. I don't recall if (at the time) I felt like I had a read. Would this always be a raise/fold scenario, or does anyone think calling would be an ok play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like calling here because you'd have no idea where you're at on the flop. But I'm certainly not flaming you for folding. I've been following PVS's advice regarding Level 4 (playing tight if I have a decent stack for level 5) and this hand is tricky because of that. If you fold, you've got a stack of around 1400 that would have to be respected during level 5. If you raise, then you're left with possible tricky flop decisions and a compromised stack. Hell, I think pushing, raising, or folding are all viable options depending on your read of UTG+1. There is currently t250 on the table so I don't think pushing is terrible. Again, read dependent, this is a tricky spot IMO. Unless I had a strong feeling that he was limping a monster, I'm pushing here I believe.

hummusx
06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Kx (including KQ) is something that I've gotten real scared of pushing over someone's bet, even if it's a limp. So many people will call this sort of thing with any Ax, which means I HAVE to improve to win. I've really backed off KQ a lot recently - maybe this is weak.