PDA

View Full Version : For Monolithic Republicans Only

Zeno
06-08-2005, 09:17 AM
I recently received a letter inviting me to join the Republican Presidential Task Force (RPTF), an offical "RSVP for Platinum Membership".

I quote:

'Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with President Bush -whatever it takes - no group of Republicans will help our Party more than the Platinum Members of our Task Force"

Cost is $120. You also receive a handsome Presidental Task Force Lapel Pin that is 'tastefully recognizable'.

In addition, your name will be permanently inscribed on the Task Force's Founders Wall located in the Honors Courtyard at the Ronald Reagan Center in Washington, D.C.

All this for a measly $120. Act now. If you have not received a letter yet write to: RPTF 425 second street NE P.O. Box 97111 Washington, D. C. 20077-7466.

-Zeno, Registered Republican and Proud 2004 voter for George Bush.

andyfox
06-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I received the same invitation. Did you give them my address?

Andy Fox, Registered Democrat and Reluctant 2004 voter for John Kerry

mmbt0ne
06-08-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.f2f2s.com/images/monolith.jpg

jokerswild
06-08-2005, 03:02 PM
and other Bush perceived sub-humans. A true fascist pig!

ThaSaltCracka
06-08-2005, 08:52 PM
I didn't get the invitation /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-TSC, registered Independent and reluctant Kerry voter in 2004.

andyfox
06-08-2005, 09:46 PM
n/t

Zeno
06-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Great post. I like it. By the way, you are welcome.

-Zeno

kurto
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Not to be dense... but I don't get this thread. I don't get what anyone's point is. Nor do I know what a monlithic Republican is. (Is a good thing or bad thing... I can't tell if the first poster is pro or anti republican)

Is it just me?

Zeno
06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
From the OED:

Monolithic 1. Formed of a single (large) block of stone; of the nature of a monolith.

4. transf. & fig. Like a monolith; massive; immovable, unwavering, unemotional: solidly uniform;(of an organization) large and autocratic or monopolistic.

So, Ahh - Who was Dean talking about?

-Zeno

Zeno
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you give them my address?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you already know I would never do that.

Thanks for the thought though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I received the same invitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean - I'm not as special as I think I am? /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Damn those massive mailings.

-Zeno

Zeno
06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A true fascist pig!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Analects of Confucius is a great book, a timeless world classic. Perhaps you should read and study it thoroughly.

6.27 The Master said: A gentleman enlarges his learning through literature and restrains himself with ritual; therefore, he is not likely to go wrong.

andyfox
06-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Now that I think about it, they must have seen the "armed response" sign and erroneously figured I must be one of them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Now that I think about it, they must have seen the "armed response" sign and mistakenly figured I must be one of them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MMMMMM
06-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Dogcatchers, I mean.

Rick Nebiolo
06-09-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be dense... but I don't get this thread. I don't get what anyone's point is. Nor do I know what a monlithic Republican is. (Is a good thing or bad thing... I can't tell if the first poster is pro or anti republican)

Is it just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not you. Zeno is a misanthrope (http://www.answers.com/misanthrope&r=67). I had to Google it to find out what it means and how to pronounce it.

There is no point to this thread.

Being a nonolithic Republican is a good thing. It means you are a rock solid believer (I think).

My guess is that the first poster (Zeno) isn't anti-Republican. But it's likely he doesn't trust them.

Regards,

Rick