PDA

View Full Version : did i play this right?

mgsimpleton
06-08-2005, 08:42 AM
so i am in the CO with QQ and this i raise to 25 on a 5/5 game... the board is QT4... BB calle dmy raise preflop. he bets 30 into me, i raise to 100, he makes it 350 and i go all in for 1000... he calls and turns over TT and spikes his 4th T on the turn.

did i play this right? man im thinking about this hand for so long and i just think maybe i should have done something differently like get away from it? please comment. thanks

psuasskicker
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
lol...

piki
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
How else could you have played it? Fold to one of his bets?

noggindoc
06-08-2005, 09:38 AM
you have to fold top set in this situation....didn't you see the fourth ten coming?....gosh!

Niwa
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
hahahahahahahaha /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rotating Rabbit
06-08-2005, 11:11 AM
lol

capone0
06-08-2005, 11:29 AM
are you serious. you got in ALL your money against a 1 outter. don't worry about it because honestly it's a bad beat. honestly, if the turn comes and you have Queens full of 10s, are you that worried about him having quads? will you muck the hand that easily. most people I know won't fold top boat. I guess your a better player than I if you can. I'd rather lose with top boat than fold unless I have some monster read.

emil3000
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I had a similar situation where I flopped quads and lost to a straight flush. I should have raised more preflop.

amoeba
06-08-2005, 11:59 AM
is this a parody?

I don't see how you ask this question if you are playing at this level unless you are asking whether this is the best line to get his money in?

Leptyne
06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Two important things you did right. First, you were the agressor. You've got top set (set over set) and got it all in on the flop. Well done.

Second, and I think equally as important, you got it in while you had the nuts (almost). This is quite different that calling his push on the turn.

And one out, while not as good as two, is still an out. Play them all the same way and you could loose three stacks in one session, or you could win a hundred stacks before your number comes up again. Go with the flow.

Kripke
06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did i play this right? man im thinking about this hand for so long and i just think maybe i should have done something differently like get away from it? please comment. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If this hand makes you doubt whether you played correctly, clearly you shouldn't be playing 5/5.

- Kripke

mgsimpleton
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no but the thing is i think i was good pushing with top set but then he got quads and i lost a lot of money so i think maybe i played it wrong or something. also aren't you guys upset i had this bad beat? i bet you guys never had a beat like this before, man oh man it was rought. 2000 bucks! man. think im gonna take a break from poker now

If this hand makes you doubt whether you played correctly, clearly you shouldn't be playing 5/5.

- Kripke

[/ QUOTE ]

autobet
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Anytime you get your money in as a 20-1 favorite you should count your blessings. No regrets, just bad luck.

autobet
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

i bet you guys never had a beat like this before, man oh man it was rought. 2000 bucks! man. think im gonna take a break from poker now

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has played poker for a while has suffered worse beats than this. You opponent will make quads around 4% of the time. A long shot, but nothing special.

The odds are about the same as runner runner flush.

If losing one pot is a big deal, play smaller so it doesn't hurt so much.

bobneptune
06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
are you serious. you got in ALL your money against a 1 outter. don't worry about it because honestly it's a bad beat. honestly, if the turn comes and you have Queens full of 10s, are you that worried about him having quads? will you muck the hand that easily. most people I know won't fold top boat. I guess your a better player than I if you can. I'd rather lose with top boat than fold unless I have some monster read.

>>>>BN

hell, i'd have had trouble mucking that hand if i had "spooked" his tens :-> :-> :->

TheWorstPlayer
06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
OMG, this post is solid gold. Everyone who has posted so far in this thread (with the exception of 'lol') should get their heads checked.

GFunk911
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
This was a bad beat. You f****d up by forgetting to tell the dealer that you would not accept them.

thabadguy
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Obviously she needs to work on her quad turning/preventing skills.

bigt439
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second, and I think equally as important, you got it in while you had the nuts (almost)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it.

mgsimpleton
06-08-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so i am in the CO with QQ and this i raise to 25 on a 5/5 game... the board is QT4... BB calle dmy raise preflop. he bets 30 into me, i raise to 100, he makes it 350 and i go all in for 1000... he calls and turns over TT and spikes his 4th T on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok theworstplayer got me. and all you crazy mofos need to get your heads checked. and i thought this post would make its point for itself but i guess not so i'll just say it. stop posting your f-ing bad beats and asking for advice. i've seen like 15 of these posts in the last week, it's seriously maybe the bain of my existence. besides having quads turned on me. that sucks worse.

-vanessa

LuvDemNutz
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm... a bad beat post in disguise.

Prevaricator
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or satire

LuvDemNutz
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woop - just read you latest post.

NH.

mgsimpleton
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. oh and the hand uhhh... never happened... no it really didn't. if it did i'd post it for sure! i mean that would be horrible, right?

big_steve
06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
If you can't play trip queens in this spot what can you play?!?!? Just got unlucky is all, both nice hands nonetheless.

LuvDemNutz
06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or satire

[/ QUOTE ]

A bad beat post disguised as satire.

Dr. Strangelove
06-08-2005, 06:42 PM
This is an easy fold on the flop.