PDA

View Full Version : Preflop blind defend question

thesharpie
06-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Keep in mind this is full ring being almost shorthanded, so the average players won't play the same as 1/2 6 max.

I've only had 1 orbit at this table, I've seen villain raise 99 in the SB with a few limpers and bet his middle pocket pair on the flop and turn. This is most likely a steal and I have a decent hand against typical stealing ranges. 3 bet preflop or take a flop and check raise, or just check fold if I miss? BB turned out to be tight preflop but I wasn't certain of it at the time.

And if you are certain button is capable of stealing here with a range you are a favorite over, what's your plan?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ???

spydog
06-08-2005, 07:03 AM
I want to have a better grasp of his stealing requirements and postflop tendencies before I 3-bet A6o from the SB. I would prefer to do this against someone with:

a) extremely loose stealing requirements
or
b) gives up easily postflop when he misses.
or
c) both