PDA

View Full Version : i might suck at this game

billyjex
06-08-2005, 04:08 AM
i'm not running good right now and i didn't like how i played this at all. no read on villian -- he's not caught my attention by overly aggressive or overly passive.

can i get a better line here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

By calling here I had no plan for the turn -- I think I should have raised.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

ejess
06-08-2005, 04:46 AM
I think my standard line here would be raise flop, bet turn and check behind on river. I fold to a flop 3-bet and to a turn or river c/r against an unknown.

Not sure that's the best line but that is the way I think I play it.

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 05:24 AM
just call the flop and fold the turn unless you have a read on him stating that he is a donkey. from my experience, when players donkbet you its because they have a piece of the board. they might have a draw but that usually isnt the case. i used to treat a donkbet like a pure bluff because its so random, but i give them credit now. as soon as i see a player make some sort of bluffraise, semibluff move or donkbet with nothing i will play back at them. until then i give them the small ones.

spydog
06-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Against an unknown I will call this one down unless the 3rd diamond hits. I want to know what villian will donkbet an Ace-high flop with...this is pretty valuable info, IMO.

If he checks the turn, I would bet.

I'm calling the river.

So, against an unknown, I like how you played this.

If I was playing 4+ tables and not trying to get detailed reads on people, then I would normally raise the flop, bet the turn and check behind on the river.