PDA

View Full Version : 200-400 hand

Dave Mac
06-08-2005, 04:01 AM
UB 3 handed, I am the sb with 87s. Button folds, I raise, BB calls. BB is slightly less agressive than most of the 2-4 short players and seems good.
Flop is Q87r
I bet he raises I 3 bet he calls
Turn is an offsuit 4
I bet he raises I call
River is 9
I check he bets I raise he calls.
comments
thanks
dave

BradL
06-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Looks fine to me.

-Brad

ike
06-08-2005, 12:20 PM
How is call turn c/r river better than 3bet turn lead river?

Dave Mac
06-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I felt I would lose less when I was behind, he might cap the turn with a better 2 pair or set but just call the river. Also, he might be able to get away from the hand if I 3 bet the turn. Was I incorrect?
Dave

partygirluk
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is call turn c/r river better than 3bet turn lead river?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might get away from some hands if 3 bet? Also meta-game consideration, this line will get him more free showdowns OOP?

SpaceAce
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt I would lose less when I was behind, he might cap the turn with a better 2 pair or set but just call the river. Also, he might be able to get away from the hand if I 3 bet the turn. Was I incorrect?
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else, I like it because it teaches him not to get cute betting the river just because you check.

SpaceAce

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
nice hand.

i was just having a discussion yesturday w/ another player better than me who suggested he played some hands too fast...i agreed and this is a spot where i sometimes do it.

higher limit players are capable of folding to a 3 bet on the turn here...and if they don't, you're often in trouble and will put you in a tough spot to get those same 2 bets you'll get on the river.

he clearly has a hand he likes.

simply calling the turn and c'ring the river is one of those spots i think is correct to slow down and do what you did.

unless, of course, he's known to go for a free showdown play but given the tons of action i'd say he's got a hand he really likes...probably QTs or something like that.

-Barron