PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap - I Just Tore It Up In My First 6Max Ever

ptmusic
06-08-2005, 03:49 AM
I am a winning full ring limit player, but I've never even tried 6max. I generally play 9/18 in B&M and I multitable (and bonus whore) much smaller stakes online - usually the 1/2 tables.

Tonight, I was at a site where I'm trying to clear a bonus and they had no full ring games going, so I decided to finally try 6max at the 1/2 level.

I've actually been kind of scared of it, believe it or not. I feel like I have really studied and honed in on a great full ring game strategy, and I've consistently won over 2BB/100. But one of my past leaks has been when the game gets short-handed.

Anyway, I KNOW there is a very high variance at the 6max, and I KNOW I got lucky, but I won over 50BB in under 45 minutes, and everyone at the table left! I basically played my game, just a little looser and quite a bit more aggressive especially preflop. I feel like I got cards, but I also outplayed the others postflop.

Anyway, with all the bad beat posts all over 2+2, I thought I'd share about a fun 45 minutes I just had. I guess I'll have to check out this here HUSH forum....

-ptmusic

wheelz
06-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Just promise you don't post about your first 6max downswing ever

billyjex
06-08-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just promise you don't post about your first 6max downswing ever

[/ QUOTE ]

well i lost over 100bb in my 2nd day at 6-max and..

BusterStacks
06-08-2005, 04:58 AM
i hate poker, why did i even play today...

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 05:18 AM
youre banned from hush

mistrpug
06-08-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate poker, why did i even play today...

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate poker, why did I even play this month... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MAxx
06-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Runnin Hot over short time period--> Extremely Fun

Reading about somebody who is probably not very good at shorthanded have a hot session--> Not Extremely Fun

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 09:57 AM
It's a great feeling, isn't it? That's one of the things that attracts so many players (and fish) to the short-handed games, imo.

Adam

arkady
06-08-2005, 10:41 AM
ding ding ding. we got a winner.

ptmusic
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Runnin Hot over short time period--> Extremely Fun

Reading about somebody who is probably not very good at shorthanded have a hot session--> Not Extremely Fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading a sour grapes response to a post about a hot session--> Extremely Fun

-ptmusic

p.s. you are right in that I'm probably not very good at playing shorthanded.

k_squared
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I think that is on the money... fish like 6-max because they can hit big win streaks more easily!

hope your success continues.

k_squared

ptmusic
06-08-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a great feeling, isn't it? That's one of the things that attracts so many players (and fish) to the short-handed games, imo.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly not the greatest feeling I've ever had playing poker (winning my first $1000, or winning my first MTT come to mind), but it ranks pretty high. I just hope I'm not one of those fish you mentioned.

-ptmusic

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 02:47 PM
its nice that you had a successful move up. when that happens for me i feel just as relieved, as there is alot of pressure when you move up and you want to perform. really though, posting this is pretty ridiculous. i can relate to your satisfaction, but i dont want to read about it. this happens to everyone all the time.

if you really wanted to make a post like this you should have went to psych and tried to goop it up with all sorts of philisophical and psychological jargon about why it is that you are so happy and how to maintain that happiness through the downswings and whatnot. they love that nonesense.

either way, good luck and hope your success continues. please dont let us know about it though.

ptmusic
06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its nice that you had a successful move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

What "move up" are you talking about? I said this was 1/2!

Anyway, I was just having a little fun, and I thought I'd share it.

Sorry I didn't follow the proper rules, Mr. Carpal/Tunnel. Others were kind of making jabs in a light-hearted way, but you get all serious and tell me what I should and shouldn't do.

I probably won't make another post like this, but it's not because Herr Commandant wishes it so. Go back to your losing streak. Or keep telling me what to do, I don't care.

-ptmusic

TStoneMBD
06-08-2005, 03:10 PM
that was actually a really good flame. youve gained my respect and you are officially unbanned. welcome back.

arkady
06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
haha! he called you a nazi commander! lol that rules.

imported_CaseClosed326
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i hate poker, why did I even play this month... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]