PDA

View Full Version : Good Show Gigabet.

TheNoodleMan
06-08-2005, 03:43 AM
I know I'm not alone when I say that I was rooting for you in omaha hi/lo today. I'm sure it was painful to leave without the bracelet, but I have no doubt that you'll get one, and I'm betting sooner than later.
As one of countless players that have enjoyed the benefits of your posting here on 2+2, I thank you.

Gigabet
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not alone when I say that I was rooting for you in omaha hi/lo today. I'm sure it was painful to leave without the bracelet, but I have no doubt that you'll get one, and I'm betting sooner than later.
As one of countless players that have enjoyed the benefits of your posting here on 2+2, I thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

TYVM, It really means alot to me to get support from players who, hopefully, I have helped in an indirect way. I know you probably don't realize that everyone here helps me alot more than any one individual that I have helped on this site. Reading through responses of my various posts has helped me think through certain situations in a more creative fashion, which in turn, helps me get the results I have been lucky enough to receive.

As for missing the bracelet, I accept the fact that my style of play carries a very large margin of variance. When I am playing with a chip lead, I know that my chances getting 7th or 2nd are just about the same and I take these risks because the value for 1st is so high and my bankroll allows me to take the slightly higher $ev plays. I truly am a "process player," so not getting the bracelet means nothing, because it is as if I already have one. If I continue to play(and I will) eventually the bracelet is an unavoidable outcome.

I hope you all continue to follow me in the later events, I intend on playing all the events that I can, hopefully half:) So keep an eye out for me, and be sure to flame away when I donkey off my stack with 84(or KKKQ, anyone see me 3 bet that from the small blind?) I'll try and post on a semi-regular basis to let everyone know if I am doing particularly well in a certain event.

Gigabet

iMsoLucky0
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TYVM, It really means alot to me to get support from players who, hopefully, I have helped in an indirect way. I know you probably don't realize that everyone here helps me alot more than any one individual that I have helped on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Darrell, I thinkt aht you underestimate your influence on players on this board, and in poker in general. You have changed my game in ways I never imagined were impossible. Thank you.

schilling38
06-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Go get 'em gigabet

swarm
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
As a fellow small town Iowan (West Liberty, now living in Chicago) it was great to see you do well. You certainly play brave, you have to admire that!

Good Luck with the rest of the events, I wouldn't be shocked to see another final table or two.

Poolgod32
06-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice job Gigabet. Very respectable

dmmikkel
06-08-2005, 10:47 AM
What I love the most is the fact that he doesn't play for the bracelet. Not that he needs it anyway

adanthar
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Good luck man. Thanks for your posts again, they've helped everyone on the site. Now go take one of these down.

GtrHtr
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Good luck in the rest of the WSOP. It was great to follow your progress yesterday.

Barcalounger
06-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Jolly good show. Give'em hell in the next events.

I'm serious about hooking up for a red bull and vodka sometime in waterloo. my brother goes to UNI and works at Mulligans so I make it up there sometimes.

citanul
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
well done gigabet, good luck with the rest of the series. i'll be following your progress when i'm able.

thanks for all your posts, and for being a generally nice guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul

jzieg2313
06-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Good luck man. We have never spoken before but your post about "Success and Failure" has helped me out more than you can know. My frame of mind at the table is completely different as I now accept random bad beats for what they are. I was pulling very hard for you to win all the way in South Carolina so you know you are getting support from all over. I wish you the best of luck in the future and hope we can catch up at 2006 World Series. Thanks bro...

JZ

SlackerMcFly
06-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I followed as closely as possible for as long as possible last night. Thanks Giga for the great showing and best wishes for your upcoming events.

[ QUOTE ]
Reading through responses of my various posts has helped me think through certain situations in a more <font color="red">creative fashion <font color="red"> </font> </font> , which in turn, helps me get the results I have been lucky enough to receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line here (in bold) probably sums up the difference between a great player and an average one. The concept of creativity and imagination is often overlooked. Thanks for that great piece of advice!

Slacker - Who is sub-average for now.....

imported_machine
06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
whats gigabets real name? so i can follow his progress. gd luck mate. oh by the way anybody know where you can watch the world series live or re-runs on the internet, as i am english and it is not on tv? cheers

Sidekick
06-08-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whats gigabets real name? so i can follow his progress. gd luck mate. oh by the way anybody know where you can watch the world series live or re-runs on the internet, as i am english and it is not on tv? cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

His real name is Darrell Dicken.

There is a thread called 'Gigabet at final table of Event 5 WSOP?' over in the WPT forum. It contains links with pics of him and some other nice comments about him.

If you haven't done it before, it is very much worth your time to do a search for posts by gigabet. Some of his insights, comments and general views are absolutely priceless to anyone who is serious about poker.

To the best of my knowledge the events are not televised until ESPN will be broadcasting their edited versions beginning in August. Most people just follow the updates at some of the different online poker sites.

imported_machine
06-08-2005, 12:23 PM
cheers man ill do that

The Yugoslavian
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Giga,

You are a beast at the poker table. The KKKQ three bet hand was phenomenal /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

If your luckbox held up for just a couple hands at the final table you could have *easily* taken that mo fo down...

I only wish I could be there to sweat you again for your assault on the next final table, /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Yugoslav

Barcalounger
06-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Get a freakin room.

The Yugoslavian
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a freakin room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Giga seemed to be playing the final table quite well....he just couldn't get any of the right cards to fall on the turn and river (although he certainly was getting to see them cheaply in big pots somehow).

It's too bad none of the cards would cooperate with him after he had amassed so many chips...

I doubt he feels that he made many (if any) actual mistakes at the final table...

Yugoslav

tomdemaine
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
go Giga, I've got a tenner on you which will turn into £1500 if you make the final table of te main event. Hope you win the damn thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif