PDA

View Full Version : Do these stats tell you anything?

VeryTnA
01-05-2003, 10:26 PM
2000 hands played and saw flop:
- 76 times out of 259 while in small blind(29%)
- 166 times out of 257 while in big blind (64%)
- 266 times out of 1484 in other positions(17%)
- a total of 508 times out of 2000 (25%)
Pots won at showdown - 82 out of 178 (46%)
Pots won without showdown - 149

Bozeman
01-06-2003, 12:29 AM
I don't keep these stats., but it looks like you aren't winning a high enough percentage of showdowns (and you are reaching the showdown almost 10% of hands).

Craig

Ranger
01-10-2003, 02:59 PM
2000 hands is not enough but,,,
It looks like you are playing to many hands (about 200 hands to many) unless your game was short handed.

That helps explain why your win % is low. By playing so many hands you are getting in tough situations without the skill level to get out of them. Very view players can play 25% of the hands and expect to win in full games. Try for 15% would be my suggestion -- dropping the weekest 10% of hands you call with and be very selective calling raises and in early possition.

Hope you win,

ZManODS
01-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Yea, i would tend to agree with the other people. 29% is a little high for percentage of flop (unless you were getting a realy good streak of cards). I say, to be playing premium cards its around 15%-20%.... it seems like when i get close to the 30% mark, im losing.

spiral
01-12-2003, 03:44 PM
These look a lot like my online stats and I won quite a bit.

17% outside the blinds is OK, I get a number like that. I play very tight up front and kinda loose in back. If you did the opposite you'd still get 17% but it would be a disaster. that's why stats are tough to draw conclusions from.

Your BB and SB numbers are tough to interpret without knowing the aggressiveness of the games you play in, but look OK.

I think your pots won at showdown percentage can be a little low (like yours) if it's for the right reasons; there are many cases where you can call on the river profitably even knowing you won't win 50%, and you might be correctly checking down a lot of hands on the end. You don't want a low win percentage for overcalls on the river in multiway pots. It depends on how you got to the number, in other words.

Anyway, I think you could be a significant winner with these numbers, but it's tough to tell because they hide a lot also.

One thing is, your winning without showdown and winning percentage numbers seem to total a bit high. How many players are usually in your game?

mobes
01-12-2003, 04:22 PM
I'll go against the crowd here and say that those ststa look great. Your flop % is only high becaue of the blinds. I think the biggest stat in there is that you win almost half of the hands when you see the flop. I don't keep records like that, but that seems amazing to me. Does anyone else win that high a percentage?

Piers
01-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Pre flop you are on the loose side of ok. You can win playing 17% outside the blinds but I expect you could profitably drop some hands.

Looks like you are too loose post flop as well. As you are a bit loose pre flop, you need to be even tighter post flop to compensate. This assumes your playing the higher-level online games. If you are playing something like 50c/$1 your results might be ok (Dont realy have experience of this).

bernie
01-12-2003, 09:01 PM
a baseball player hits .500...

is he good? maybe the pitchers threw him gravy pitches the whole time....maybe the pitchers are in a lower class of players than he is....lots of possible factors..

i think just looking at stats is misleading and really cant tell you anything real in depth about your play....

sure one can say your seeing too many/too few flops, but they dont know what hands your seeing the flops with? but that also depends on what type of game your in. stats are only the thinnest surface in ones play....even if someone posts a win %, it may be skewed by the # of hands they played, or the amount of hours put in...a bad player CAN show a win %...though it should dissipate in time...

if you really want to assess your play, look at street by street play of hands and how you played them against certain opponents....preflop to showdown....

kind of like dynasty/clarks 30/40 hands that they posted....you could do the same. you could also check on hands by posting them up to the turn. ie....with flop action...to see how your flop play is...

however, the farther you go in the hand, the lesser hands id put in. 30-40 hands preflop was easy since their was only 1 street to deal with. but 30 hands played thru the turn would take abit to get through....

b

Webster
01-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I see nothing wrong with 25% flop. Your probebly playing in a game that averages 30-40% right? That means the 25% is about right. If you play tighter then you are missing oppertnuities and playing WAY to tight for table conditions.

bernie is 100% correct though!

VeryTnA
01-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for looking at my stats and giving your views.
One thing I left out (on purpose)was my win/loss record.
I am only a little above break even making not quite 1/2 BB per hour. I've suffered through some incredible down swings. Seeing the flop 25% when the table average drops to 20% is a leak I need to plug. I also lose too much money in the blinds to "steal" raises with hands like AK when the raiser has a pocket pair, also small pairs cost me against bigger hands. The other day I lost the max with AK to a set when a K came on the flop. No excuse!!! Turn and river should have been check call, not capped betting. It was a situation where I was out played at every opportunity by the player on my right. He set me up and knocked me down....very educational. Thanks Again!!!!

bernie
01-13-2003, 03:24 PM
"The other day I lost the max with AK to a set when a K came on the flop. No excuse!!! Turn and river should have been check call, not capped betting."

as i said, stats dont mean much. analyze your play within the hand...

you capped the turn and river with only top pair top kick? how about basic hand reading?

b