PDA

View Full Version : bellagio 80/160 w/ red sixes.

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:41 AM
6 handed. 3 limpers sb completes and i check the bb w/ red 66.

these guys have seen me literally not play a hand in a long ass time. they are the typical, "i can't beleive you called xyz with wsy and wah wah wah, blah blah blah" (at lest the sb is as was the original limper)the villian in this hand is an older asian man who was imo loose passive preflop and pretty weak postflop.

so the flop 8x7d4d. i check, 1st limper checks villian bets fold to me i call, utg folds. heads up to the turn.

Ts. i smooth bet....this guy literally has a spastic reaction to my bet and looks at the board and looks at me in total astonishment. he's bewildered to say the least. takes about 30 seconds and finally looks at his hand and calls.

Jx on the river and i follow through and bet.

-Barron

Toddster18
06-08-2005, 02:54 AM
I like the turn bet - it seems as though villain isn't used to the now 2+2 chic donkbet move. Unfortunately, he called.

As for the river - what is he tossing here that beats you, or what are you betting for value? His decision to call the turn bet seems more of an "i'm bewildered and curious I want to see your hand" type of call. But I don't know. Thats on you.

-Todd

Senor Choppy
06-08-2005, 05:13 AM
What's wrong with just betting the flop? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

River bet is awesome, though.

DMBFan23
06-08-2005, 10:34 AM
because he can fold a better hand, and it'll help pay off Barron's value bets in the future?

Ray Zee
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
good bet. i fold alot of winning hands here to your bet. how can you not.

Ulysses
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i smooth bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wondering WTF this means.

Paluka
06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smooth bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is like those commercials. His poker play makes him smooth, but not rich.

jayheaps
06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
what's your plan if he raises the river?

vulturesrow
06-08-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's your plan if he raises the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

smooth fold? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS Sorry, El D. inspired me. Back to lurking...

RicktheRuler
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i smooth bet....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

J.A.Sucker
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Nice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smooth bet....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see what the problem is with this description. when you bet the turn and the river card falls, you dont hem and haw and think. if i did that it wouldn't be a smooth bet or be convincing. a smooth bet is just that, one that is in time with the action without any hesitation.

-Barron

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good bet. i fold alot of winning hands here to your bet. how can you not.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you can fold many winning hands here...except if the jack hits you...which it did.

he called my river bet and his J8 was good.

he immediately said "jack no come, i can't call"

but at that point i saw the jack i thought it was either a very good one, or a very bad one (as opposed to a blank 2 or a black A)

-Barron

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smooth bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is like those commercials. His poker play makes him smooth, but not rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, like my horrible poker, a commercial that only comes on once at a bad viewing hour isn't likely to attract consumers.

-Barron