PDA

View Full Version : ok, is THIS a float??

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:33 AM
this guy danny was sitting at 40/80 between enon and myself. it went enon, danny, me.

he thinks an online bankroll for 100/200 multitabling on pokerstars is $40,000. he won and lost $100k (According to him) in the course of 7 days in that game (clearly plays a way too agressive style and probably folds too much in big pots, both things enon and i witnessed)

he also raises TONS and TONS of hands in late position (incorrectly in this case b/c the sb is very unlikely to fold any semblance of a hand at any time.

so this guy danny is i would say in late position a LAG who for some reason likes to fold when shown resistance.

ok, whew...onto the hand.

folded to danny in the CO he raises. i call 8s6s on the button sb calls bb folds.

first off, is THAT a correct float?

now the flop comes 8h6d5x. checked to danny, he bets i smooth call, now the sb checkraises and danny calls. i now 3 bet and the sb 4bets, danny looks at the sb and looks at me and folds. i call.

rest of hand plays itself. i called turn and filled up on river.

comments on preflop/flop.
Barron

spoohunter
06-08-2005, 02:38 AM
No.

Floating is not about hitting. It is sneaking into the pot preflop, and taking it away on the turn or the river.