PDA

View Full Version : tech help

Eihli
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Ok about a week ago I noticed my pink floyd songs didn't sound the way they should. It sounded like certain notes were lagging behind others, or a certain instrument was coming in too late. I couldn't put my finger on it. It was very subtle. My friends didn't notice it and I began to think something was wrong with me. Then I listend to aqualung and there is no guitar solo at 3:40. I hear all the other instruments fine but the guitar solo that use to be there isn't there anymore. I transfer the file over to other computers and I hear the solo fine. On my computer, it seems some instruments aren't playing. WTF would cause that? I've checked the sound panel in windows and nothing is out of the ordinary, both of my speakers work fine on other computers. I'm lost.

fluxrad
06-08-2005, 01:21 AM
you're high.

or you have some weird EAX setting turned on that mutes the treble (e.g. karaoke mode).

but probably you're just high.

Eihli
06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok, if that's the only 2 things it could possibly be, how do I check the EAX settings? You aren't talking about the same EAX my csci assembly prof was talking about are you?

BusterStacks
06-08-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you're high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eihli
06-08-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're high.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look damnit, I know it sounds wierd and even I thought I was high when I first heard this crazy stuff. But I know for sure that I am not high and I am really hearing this. There is something wrong with my computer.

BusterStacks
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
what kind of sound card?

Eihli
06-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Integrated into my motherboard, Zenith ZNF-150.

BusterStacks
06-08-2005, 02:54 AM
are you sure you're getting Left and Right channels instead of splitting one side into 2 outputs? Verify this pls.

Eihli
06-08-2005, 03:06 AM
I reinstalled the audio drivers for my mobo and it's working again. Wierd [censored]...