PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

peachy
06-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok...i have a problem - i know every little about digital cameras and me researching it myself is a bit meh too since i get confused! So heres the deal! I had a nikon 3100 but i beat it to hell and i loved the pictures it took (great great for wakeboarding close ups real clear) I still have it but the bottom part that holds the batteries in stays half open. Anyways then i got a Sony 4.1 cybershot - which took decent pics at a normal range but it wasnt as clear close up or zoomed in as my Nikon was. I leave in a week for quite a few trips and was gonna get yet ANOTHER camera before i left, any suggestions? I need this for all arounds uses - close up, normal, dusk, active (wakeboarding), etc. Any help is greatly appreciated! Merci!

tbach24
06-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Post a pic whenever you do get one

DemonDeac
06-08-2005, 12:32 AM
i have a nikon coolpiz 4300

little bulky but good pics as ur prolly learned with ur coolpix cam

wacki
06-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Astroglides advice is always top notch (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1206878&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Popinjay
06-08-2005, 12:56 AM
If you don't mind about size get the Panasonic FZ20. It's got one of the best lenses available on a point and shoot digital and has some more features especially for action shots.

A slightly smaller version of the FZ20 is the FZ5 which is a little less as good but maybe better for you as it has faster focusing (good for action shots).

dpreview - good review site (http://www.dpreview.com)

GuyOnTilt
06-08-2005, 01:02 AM
I like how you were able to type a whole paragraph and only use two periods in like ten sentences.

GoT

peachy
06-08-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like how you were able to type a whole paragraph and only use two periods in like ten sentences.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

f. u. ???

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:16 AM
You are so stupid.

And I bet you're a guy as well.

F.U. ??????????? No way.

peachy
06-08-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are so stupid.

And I bet you're a guy as well.

F.U. ??????????? No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah if u thinkin im a guy makes u feel better then so be it

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:21 AM
I know that you are stupid and from Georgia so that's 2 strikes against you already. You repulse me.

You're like Paris Hilton, except she is a tiny bit attractive, at least.

sublime
06-08-2005, 01:22 AM
die

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm so sorry sublime. I know that you are still crying over your spilled pokerjo milk. You don't want to believe that your other online girl-crush could be a male as well.

sublime
06-08-2005, 01:26 AM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

i have no idea what you said. my answer is still......die

peachy
06-08-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm so sorry sublime. I know that you are still crying over your spilled pokerjo milk. You don't want to believe that your other online girl-crush could be a male as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm its ok .... quite a few people on here know that im NOT a guy....

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't honestly care if you are or not. You're still a dumb bitch.

mmbt0ne
06-08-2005, 01:32 AM
I'll bet you your bankroll peachy's a girl.

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:34 AM
That would be a stupid bet for me, because you wouldn't be making it unless you were one of the people who knew for sure she was. And my bankroll is not big anyway.

Regardless, peachy is still a dumb bitch.

sublime
06-08-2005, 01:37 AM
i actually read your reply to peachy and i have to say you a piece of [censored]. sure, the girl is somewhat annoying (sorry peachy) but you should not talk to a female like that. maybe if it wasnt for the gorie incident i wouldnt have noticed but you obviously have issues with women. what was it? did your mom diddle you? ot totally ignore you cuz she was drunk and having sex with the mailman. your a waste of skin. die.

Dead
06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Save it, sublime. I'm just saying what 50% of OOT thinks, but is too scared to say.

wacki
06-08-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture of you holding 2+2 sign please. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peachy
06-08-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture of you holding 2+2 sign please. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah dream on!!!

back to cameras!!!

mmbt0ne
06-08-2005, 01:50 AM
I've never met peachy in real life, and have only talked to her here on 2+2 with no pms. The offer still stands.

wacki
06-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Well since you don't want to show your face,

Pic of your booty and 2+2 sign as proof please.

Btw... is your e-mail pokerjo22@yahoo.com? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TimM
06-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Dead, if I were a mod, I would ban you. You keep coming into threads that have nothing to do with you, and that you have nothing to contribute to, and destroy them. Ignoring you is not enough because others insist on replying, which really just contributes to it.

thatpfunk
06-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Wacki, how is Dead not trolling in this post? I think you should forward to Mat for banning possibilities...

I don't care for Dead, but completely harrassing someone is lame.

Dead
06-08-2005, 02:29 AM
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg

wacki
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wacki, how is Dead not trolling in this post? I think you should forward to Mat for banning possibilities...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is going to be banned for attacking a few posters. However numerous attacks/trolling with little/no forum contributions will not be allowed.

A message for dead. Clean up your act and stop trolling now.

Dead
06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
I'd like a definition of trolling.

pshreck
06-08-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.

Dead
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To fish for by

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I promise not to trail a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.

peachy
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
ok...i went and got a canon sd something 400 maybe?? its in the car and im heading to the lake so ill have to double check when i get back...its the 5 megapixel one...got that 2 batteries and 2 1 gig thingys...hopefully it takes good pics this weekend if not ill be really GGRRR /images/graemlins/mad.gif

wanted something small and compact for wakeboardin and for trips i take...if this one works out i want another thats bigger with interchangable lens so any suggestions on that would be great too!

Blarg
06-08-2005, 07:51 PM
The NY Times had a really excellent article on digital cameras a month or two ago. I'd highly recommend you do a search there. It was an extensive article with detailed comparisons of color balance in cameras, sharpness, features, etc. Much of the concentration was on two higher end cameras, a Canon and a Nikon, and there were plenty interesting things said about why you would want or not want both. Well worth the search.

*EDIT* woops looks like you already made your decision. That was fast!

mostsmooth
06-08-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a nikon coolpiz 4300

[/ QUOTE ]
no you dont

wacki
06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many posters who insult others in OOT. However, they do contribute to the forum so their rudeness is generally overlooked. You sir, as far as I can tell, contribute nothing. Judgement calls will have to be made as strict rules won't cut it in this situation. All decisions are reversible but not all of them will be reversed.

Easy E
06-09-2005, 08:32 AM
"I'm just saying what 50% of OOT thinks, but is too scared to say"

Yes, I've noticed that anonymous posters have a problem with fear... some more than others.

Skjonne
06-09-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is going to be banned for attacking a few posters. However numerous attacks/trolling with little/no forum contributions will not be allowed.

A message for dead. Clean up your act and stop trolling now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Now I kind of regret I put Dead on ignore a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll unignore him within minutes. I just have to see what he said... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Digital Cameras, peachy: Sorry I don't know diddly doo