PDA

View Full Version : AJs SB, it's been raised and 3 bet. Call, cap or fold?

Nigel
06-07-2005, 11:51 PM
No reads on the players. Just sat down at the table. 6 handed. Will be 3 handed if BB folds.

Curious as to how many people toss this.

Thanks,
Nigel

ggbman
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I usually call, i cap if the button raised and the SB 3 bet.

Nigel
06-08-2005, 12:07 AM
You don't think the extra small bet is worth it to gain initiative, or you want to intentionally keep it 3 way and not risk raising out the original raiser?

Nigel

JrJordan
06-08-2005, 12:19 AM
If the PFR is from UTG, then this is a fold for me. Too good a chance it could get capped behind me, and I could easily be dominated by two players. Perhpas if it's an open CO raise and button 3-bet, and they're fairly aggro players then I would cap here.

Derek in NYC
06-08-2005, 12:58 AM
I dont think you can "gain the initiative" by capping when you are out of position. The moment you check any street you lose the initiative (unless people are so passive to fear a checkraise). And AJs is not the hand I want to commit myself to autobetting. I'd call if I had last action after the flop, but from the blinds I would fold. The lack of reads makes this a harder hand to play. I generally prefer to get a feel for a table before I jump in firing all barrels.

JrJordan
06-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Agreed. You can't use your initiative for a free card in the SB, and this pot is too big to get any folding equity from betting out.