PDA

View Full Version : I dunno

PokerBob
06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Is this awful? 2nd hand. I get cute.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises....</font>

zephed
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd fold pf. Is that too tight?

The only other ways to play it are to:
-fold somewhere for 1 bet (might as well just fold pf)

-call down (soft, passive, not protecting your hand, not making draws pay).

-Check-call flop and bet turn. Fold to a raise. (not bad, will give you pretty good info most of the time, I think. Prevent free cards for /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's + overs)

-Checkraise the turn. (better than calling down, but it should be HU. Good fold equity against non jacks.)

Anyways, if you are raised somewhere, it's an easy fold. So I think your play is fine, You'll make few mistakes after that, and you are often good now.

spydog
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Looks good to me. I think checkraising allows you to get away from the hand if someone 3-bets the flop. Leading the flop and getting raised leaves you nowhere. Check-folding is weak. Check-calling and leading the turn might be another option????

Standard PF complete in the SB, Zep.

zephed
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Why is it standard?

How low do you go with just a connector?

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. I think checkraising allows you to get away from the hand if someone 3-bets the flop. Leading the flop and getting raised leaves you nowhere. Check-folding is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 7:1 preflop, in a multi-way pot in which no one has shown aggression. It's worth a look at the flop.

Adam

zephed
06-08-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 7:1 preflop, in a multi-way pot in which no one has shown aggression. It's worth a look at the flop.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
How low do you go?

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
How low do you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the table, what my current image is, yadda....

Generally, though, I'm thinking that completing with 6,7o would be okay here, as long as we're pretty sure BB doesn't like to raise in these situations.

Adam

Stormwolf
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this awful? 2nd hand. I get cute.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises....</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked, good way to overepresent your hand and them fold a hand that its correct to call, I would bet though, it would not be correct for them to take one off there

zephed
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Do you have many hands with these situations, and what's your stats results on them so far?

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have many hands with these situations, and what's your stats results on them so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any stats that I do have will be meaningless, as I only have about 21,000 hands at SH so far.

Perhaps others can fill in here.

Adam

djoyce003
06-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't like it. If I'm playing against you on this hand, i'm putting you squarely on the 9, and not on a jack. I'd ballpark that 80% of the time or possibly even higher, anyone with the jack is going to call here, and raise the turn, not the flop...you are giving people chances to get away from their hand too early otherwise. With this many people in the hand, I think it's plausible that one of them has a jack here...if he does, he's going to call your checkraise and wait for you to lead out from the blind, then he will raise you. If that is the case, hopefully you can get away from this hand. Personally, i'd lead the flop, lead the turn, fold to a turn raise.

The way you played it, if a blank under a 9 falls, I'd lead the turn, fold to a raise. Also, if UTG threebets you on the flop here and MP cold calls, i'd fold...if MP folds, then i'd probably call down, but expect to lose.

adamstewart
06-08-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, i'd lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

... because this "disguises" your paired 9 much more than check-raising.

riiigghhhht.

Adam

djoyce003
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
it disguises it a lot more than the checkraise does, if you disagree so be it, but if you were playing me, and played the hand the way you did, I would know you had the 9's and not the jacks....if you had a jack, would you have checkraised here or waited for the turn...i think you know that answer.

Also, on hands with multiple limpers, and the flop comes something scary like JJ9, it seems like they fold a lot easier to a flop lead than if the flop was all uncoordinated garbage...when it's uncoordinated they all will peel off a card so I would go for the checkraise then to fold out overs. That didn't happen here, so i'd lead.

If you ask for peoples opinion on a hand, you shouldn't be a smartass in a reply back from their opinion...apparently you disagree with my comment by your riiiiiiiiiiight remark, but so be it...disregard my advice if that's the case.

Girchuck
06-08-2005, 02:53 PM
If I knew that UTG would bet, I would gladly check-raise a J in this situation with callers trapped inbetween, especially if I had a good kicker, because then I could hope for a cap from the case J.

djoyce003
06-08-2005, 03:19 PM
you are in the vast minority, i'd stick by my 80% remark regarding how people tend to play a jack in this situation. Also, if you are in the SB here and are hoping to get a cap UTG to trap people inbetween, there is only 1 person in between, so you win 1 small bet from the other people because they are likely going to fold when faced with 2 bets cold on a paired board. Anyone that calls is ahead of you at that point.