3. The Great Muta
4. Chris Jericho
5. Lance Storm

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 09:56 PM
You're missing Ric Flair.

tbach24
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
The only time I watched wrestling The Rock was the man. That said, I liked that huge sumo guy, Rashiki or something. And the two guys he hung out with.

Edit- I got really into it when the "coalition" split off. Right around the time HHH and the head guy and the girlfriend were trying to manipulate everything.

Phoenix1010
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Awesome, I loved this stuff when I was a kid.

1. The Ultimate Warrior
2. L.O.D.
3. Brett the Hitman Hart
4. The Undertaker, oldschool
5. The original Degneration X

The Stranger
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
what about http://www.toydreams.co.uk/images/wwf/carded/irs.jpg ?

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Which Sting? Hopefully back before he was gay goth guy. The multi-colored face paint and short Blonde hair was top notch.

I always liked TaTanka when I was younger. Yokozuna was a funny character. The Undertaker when he was The Dead Man, way before his gay biker phase, and way way before his horrible 666 DEVIL WORSHIP phase. Blitzkreig was my favorite high flier, although his WCW career wasn't long. Jericho was hilarious when he'd mess up everyone's name. Kurt Angle was hilarious. When he said he liked The Big Show because he demonstrated some of the I's he stands for: intensity and integrity. Bret Hart for laying out Vinny Mac.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're missing Ric Flair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret Hart pretty much sums up my thoughts about Ric Flair (http://www.powerslam.net/browse.php?mod=article&opt=view&id=550)

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
i am sure flair has his side to the story too.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
http://www.mandys-web.de/images/Simpsons/BretTheHitmanHart_small.jpg

"This place has got old-man stink!"

ThaSaltCracka
06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
<----

Ric Flair
Ultimate Warrior
Rowdy Rody Piper

ThaSaltCracka
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
thats because wrestling used to be cool.

The Stranger
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
for a more serious response, I think this man would have been one of the best ever. He died too young however. Kerry "The Modern Day Warrior" "The Texas Tornado" Von Erich:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/title_history/intercontinental/images/2004_12_06_texas.jpg

His story. (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/4814/kerry.html)

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:17 PM
1. kerry von erich
2. shawn micheals
3. stone cold
4. flair
5. UT

b-list 5 of my favorites i no order

rvd, british bulldog, lod/road warriors, freebirds, goldust (dont ask)

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Actually I forgot Brian Pillman who was awesome so drop Lance Storm from the B list and add Pillman. His crazy "lone horseman" from ECW was the [censored].

Also AJ Styles is getting some heat from Taz. I'll update once I determine the outcome of the debate.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for a more serious response, I think this man would have been one of the best ever. He died too young however. Kerry "The Modern Day Warrior" "The Texas Tornado" Von Erich:

OMG, you rock!
http://www.wwe.com/inside/title_history/intercontinental/images/2004_12_06_texas.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, you rock!

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM
What's with all the KVE love. I never really understood what was so special about him and his 1 & 1/2 feet.

Russ McGinley
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM
That should be Rob Van Dam, not Damn.

I'd have to break it down by feds:

WWF:
1. Randy Savage
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Bret Hart
4. Steve Austin
5. The Rock

WCW:
1. Sting (not Crow Sting)
2. Ric Flair
3. Goldberg (COOOOOLD BEEEEEEEEER)
4. Diamond Dallas Page
5. Chris Benoit

ECW:
1. Rob Van Dam
2. Sabu
3. Raven
4. Taz
5. Sandman

Tag Teams:
1. Demolition
2. Dudley Boyz
3. Hardy Boyz
4. Steiner Brothers
5. Harlem Heat

This thread almost makes me want to watch wrestling again.

Eurotrash
06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
1. HBK

Vince Young
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
1. The Outsiders
2. STSA
3. Mankind
4. Sting
5. Rey Mysterio Jr.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Harlem Heat was awesome. Stevie Ray was [censored] ripped. Booker T wasn't a [censored] back then, either.

"We want the gold, sucka! Hulk Hogan! We coming for you, nigguh!!" - Booker T

Chris Benoit was awesome as hell back in the day. I liked when the UFC guys were getting into it, Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock, although his psycho gimmick was kind of weak.

What do you guys think the biggest fads were? I remember EVERYBODY used to do the DX "Suck it!" motion back in the day, and everybody within a 2 ft radius was wearing Stone Cold shirts.

WEASEL45
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/shell/125/new/2ebf1e70.jpg
http://www.derok.net/derek3/images/classics/wwf%20tatanka.jpg
http://www.wrestlinginformer.net/The_Brooklyn_Brawler.jpg
http://www.jbswrestlingworld.com/autographs/bushwackersauto1.jpg
http://www.toydreams.co.uk/images/wwf/carded/crush.jpg

ttleistdci
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call on the Texas Tornado. Didn't the Von Erich family have a history of untimely deaths?

My 5:
1. The Ultimate Warrior - no wrestling skills, but one hell of an entertainer (side now...he's off the deep end now and is so far right politically he makes Reagan look liberal)
2. Bret Hart - kinda the opposite. Not an outstanding entertainer, but one of the best pure wrestlers.
3. Undertaker - before those stupid gimmiks
4. Stone Cold - during his early WWF days. He was badass. Then after a couple years it was just expected he was gonna be a badass, knock some people out, and kick back some beers. It got old.
5. Shawn Michaels - possibly the best entertainer that wrestling will ever see. He's still at it too, isn't he?

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with all the KVE love. I never really understood what was so special about him and his 1 & 1/2 feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

his fueds with flair and the king were awesome. a true performer in the age of 60 minute matches and blood fests. he was on par to be one of the greats and will never be forgotten.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Stone Cold Vs. McMahon = best feud ever.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok.

I can't rank!

Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Stone Cold, RVD, Sabu, Hart Foundation, Piper, Flair, Matt Hardy V 1.0, Brian Pillman

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stone Cold Vs. McMahon = best feud ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely for main stream wrestling, but the von erich/freebird fued is right up there.

trevorwc
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Anyone in their mid 20's to late 30's who doesn't put Hulk Hogan towards the top is flat out lying. Hulkamania was just F'N awesome back in the day. Wrestlemania III against Andre - getting robbed of the title on Saturday Night's Main Event - winning it back at Wrestlemania V "The MegaPowers Explode" - and then ABSOLUTE PANDAMONIUM in Wrestlemania VI "Hogan vs. Warrior". Doesn't get any better than those 4 years, IMO (Expcept MAYBE the Outsiders and nWo beginning).

Wow, I haven't watched wrestling in like 5 years, but like someone else said, kinda makes me wanna hit it up for old times sake.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone in their mid 20's to late 30's who doesn't put Hulk Hogan towards the top is flat out lying. Hulkamania was just F'N awesome back in the day. Wrestlemania III against Andre - getting robbed of the title on Saturday Night's Main Event - winning it back at Wrestlemania V "The MegaPowers Explode" - and then ABSOLUTE PANDAMONIUM in Wrestlemania VI "Hogan vs. Warrior". Doesn't get any better than those 4 years, IMO (Expcept MAYBE the Outsiders and nWo beginning).

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were great matches but I never liked Hogan all that much and grew to hate him and what he did to WCW. So 1) I am not flat out lying and 2) [censored] hulk hogan and all the hulkamaniacs, [censored] them all straight to hell.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 10:44 PM
The fact that only one person has said Mankind so far doesnt say much for this thread! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I think we are due for a resurgence.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
i never was into hulkamania either. as you can see i am a huge kerry von erich fan. they both rose at about the same time and while hogan was taking his vitamins and saying his prayers, KVE was fighting flair in japan and blading in 60 minute matches.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that only one person has said Mankind so far doesnt say much for this thread! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding, foley definitely will be regarded as one of the most underrated greats of all time.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
You forgot to add [censored] Hogan and his stupid no move having, plodding, repetitive, boring, sorry ass style of wresting.

trevorwc
06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never liked Hogan all that much

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. EVERY kid that watched wrestling then loved him.

[ QUOTE ]
grew to hate him and what he did to WCW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that I believe. He totally F'd that organization, and I can see how it could skew your overall view of Hogan. But, come on, you were not into Hulkamania in the mid 80's?

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm much more drawn to specific characters than the actual wrestlers. For example, Hollywood Hogan in the nWo was the most entertaining character ever. Red & yellow Hogan = blah. The only guy who seems to be above this is Michaels, so I guess he's my favorite.

At various points the following have been my favorites:

The Honky Tonk Man
Hollywood Hogan
Bret Hart - Hart Foundation circa 1997
The Rock - Corporatation
HHH - Facgime
Kurt Angle
Christian

And Trish Stratus is damn close to making this list.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But, come on, you were not into Hulkamania in the mid 80's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby The Brain Heenan pwns Hogan and carried his sorry ass story wise the entire time. I'll take Mr. Wonderful any day over Hogan. Hoagn had some epic matches but I always rooted for the other side.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I would also like to add that Brock Lesnar had the potential with his combination monster size and world class amateur wrestling ability to be one of the greatest. However a combination of dumb ass booking (turning him good) and his idiocy (leaving to pursue pro football) squashed those chances.

Russ McGinley
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
How about Top 5 Managers/Valets?

1. Bobby Heenan
2. Captain Lou Albano
3. Francine
4. Slick
5. Elizabeth

___SK___
06-07-2005, 10:59 PM
you shoulda seen me when he actually layed down for the warrior.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding, foley definitely will be regarded as one of the most underrated greats of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take away his fall in Hell in a Cell and he would be regarded much differently.

In any event Cactus Jack > Mankind > Mick Foley

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you shoulda seen me when he actually layed down for the warrior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and I have it on my computer as well. The fact that him laying down is such a big deal says enough about that [censored] Hulk Hogan.

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it only takes one good idea or one extremely marketable wrestler. Cena moving to Raw could be the start of something. I don't particularly like the guy as a face, but I can see him getting huge.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd still have the same status with or without the hell in a cell. he stuff he did in japan was just as ridiculous

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it only takes one good idea or one extremely marketable wrestler. Cena moving to Raw could be the start of something. I don't particularly like the guy as a face, but I can see him getting huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see anyone as lame as Cena doing anything but making wrestling suck even more. Making him a face was a horrible idea.

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd still have the same status with or without the hell in a cell. he stuff he did in japan was just as ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe among the uber-smart crowd, but certainly not to the masses.

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see anyone as lame as Cena doing anything but making wrestling suck even more. Making him a face was a horrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the same thing about Stone Cold. In fact, he did make wrestling more lame, but he brought in the crowds.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed on a horrible idea. he had his moments. time for carlito to shine on sd now.

Reef
06-07-2005, 11:11 PM
ultimate warrior
sting (old school)
legion of doom
undertaker (old school)
Andre the Giant

___SK___
06-07-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even the stuff he did with the rock was sickening, his broiler room brawl with hbk was good too. rock n sock connection was classic.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. He was very very popular, and I have to believee there was more to that appeal than just that one match.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you forget Dude Love!!!!???!?!?!?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/dudegirls.jpg

Clarkmeister
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
1. Macho Man Randy Savage
2. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. Jesse the Body Ventura
4. Ric Flair
5. Macho Man Randy Savage

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. He was very very popular, and I have to believee there was more to that appeal than just that one match.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not what I'm saying. He was an afterthought until that match and his interview w/ JR. Those two things allowed him to connect with the fans which begat all that followed.

FWIW, he made HHH. Those are my favorite matches of his.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interview: Excuse me, Mankind, can we get a word?
Mankind: Wait, holdon. I just popped in my new "Best of Al Snow" video tape and I wanna watch the whole damn thing. [1 second passes] Alright, I'm done.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 11:22 PM
I was at the blowoff RAW match in 97. FWIW, I think there was a middle ground here. Remember he was Heel and it's hard to guage the fan interest.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
1. Mankind(all incarnations. /images/graemlins/smile.gif )
2. Superfly
3. Stone Cold
4. Jericho
5. Eddie Guerrero

Tier II
1. Chris Benoit (awesome skills, terrible at every other aspect)
2. Angle
3. Taz
4. Spike Dudlee
5. The Rock

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Does nobody remember Blitzkrieg? What about Bam Bam Bigelow's fued with Lawrence Taylor? Test or whichever dude that was getting dumped by Stepheny McMahon cause HHH drugged her and married her through the LV drive-thru.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not what I'm saying. He was an afterthought until that match and his interview w/ JR. Those two things allowed him to connect with the fans which begat all that followed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that makes sense. I agree with that.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Bam Bam Bigelow's fued with Lawrence Taylor? Test or whichever dude that was getting dumped by Stepheny McMahon cause HHH drugged her and married her through the LV drive-thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am familar with wrestlecrap.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interview: Excuse me, Mankind, can we get a word?
Mankind: Wait, holdon. I just popped in my new "Best of Al Snow" video tape and I wanna watch the whole damn thing. [1 second passes] Alright, I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ongoing Al Snow-Mankind verbal battles were classic.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish hunter wouldnt have gotten caught in the politics and with stephanie, cause he's a damn good performer. no matter what anybody says about him, he is not afraid to put someone over.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Just not Blitzkrieg?

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just not Blitzkrieg?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he is, just didnt think a jobber in pajamas was worth mentioning.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just not Blitzkrieg?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he is, just didnt think a jobber in pajamas was worth mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting for you to fix your slighting of Dude Love.

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Just a buff bald dude in a singlet. I have such DEEP admirations for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys.

Russ McGinley
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Dear Mr. Austin,

Your services in WCW will no longer be required. We do not feel that you are marketable wearing black trunks and black boots. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Eric Bischoff

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. Austin,

Your services in WCW will no longer be required. We do not feel that you are marketable wearing black trunks and black boots. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Eric Bischoff

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Ni han sir. And yes I did laugh out loud, almost woke up the missus.

ozyman
06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Kurt Angle is way up there, its true, its true.
HHH
Rock
Mankind
Hardy Boys
Latino Heat Eddie Guerroro

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. Austin,

Sincerely,

Eric Bischoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refrain from discussing things that WCW did to cause their failure as I may not be able to stop posting in this thread.

Russ McGinley
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Remember when they hired Vince Russo then he wrote himself into storylines with Goldberg? That helped.

Rob Blackburn
06-07-2005, 11:48 PM
As a kid I was really into NWA since I lived in the heart of North Carolina, we didn't get WWF.

One of my buddies in Florida took me to a show and said it would be awesome. It turned out to be one of the first ECW shows in Florida, and when I saw dudes getting slammed through tables and foreheads getting grated with cheese graters I was hooked again.

I lasted through the run of ECW on TNN, then when they collapsed and sold out, I quit watching.

My Faves.

Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love/Mick Foley
Ric Flair
Terry Funk
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Hayabusa
Atsuhi Onita
Great Sauske
Reckless Youth
Masato Tanaka

jnalpak
06-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat???????????????

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Tajiri's finisher was sick as hell.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember when they hired Vince Russo then he wrote himself into storylines with Goldberg? That helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Russo deserves to die 1000 horrible deaths for what he did to WCW. [censored] him and his stupid "crash TV". God I am remembering how incredibly [censored] retarded his obsession with the "powers that be" was. He never liked true pro wresting and when given the chance he ran it into the ground.

___SK___
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
the kick to the face?

i wish the tarantula would get more props.

vulturesrow
06-07-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Terry Funk

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant believe I left him off.

[censored]
06-07-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hayabusa

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. He replaces AJ Styles on my list.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Russo deserves to die 1000 horrible deaths for what he did to WCW. [censored] him and his stupid "crash TV". God I am remembering how incredibly [censored] retarded his obsession with the "powers that be" was. He never liked true pro wresting and when given the chance he ran it into the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had one gem, that got shitcanned....

The Natural Born Thrillers.

Ohaire and Jindrak, Palumbo, Reno,Elix Skipper, Above Average Mike Sanders? The Coach Kevin Nash! This was a PERFECT angle, that they just [censored] up.

BWebb
06-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Here were some of my favorites (probably all b-listers except for HBK):

1. The Rockers (don't sleep on Marty Jannetty)
2. Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat (Only wrestling poster I ever had)
3. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf
4. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
5. "Ravishing" Rick Rude

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohaire and Jindrak, Palumbo, Reno,Elix Skipper, Above Average Mike Sanders? The Coach Kevin Nash! This was a PERFECT angle, that they just [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! The Natural Born Killers was awesome. Ohaire and Jindrak should have been put back together in the WWE where they would have owned the hardy boyz.

Mike Sanders was great, but he just disapeared.

vulturesrow
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/25.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/22.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/26.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/23.jpg

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those guys were really green, but I agree it was entertaining. Sanders was so awesome. I remember cracking up when I heard his finisher was called the C+.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately what WWE did with the invasion...uggg Jindrak and Ohaire not reforming was the least of their problems.

Soul Daddy
06-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Yep. Could've been the greatest thing ever, instead it killed wrestling for years.

[censored]
06-08-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately what WWE did with the invasion...uggg Jindrak and Ohaire not reforming was the least of their problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole concept of an "invasion" was dumb as doomed to failure. Nothing like that would have ever gotten over. The WWE should have just given WCW a timeslot and moved some of their own talent over to it. Basically have done what they ended up doing with the whole brand split.

-Skeme-
06-08-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish the tarantula would get more props.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant. Where he'd configure himself around the other guy and cling to the ropes. That was the sickest move ever.

IndieMatty
06-08-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole concept of an "invasion" was dumb as doomed to failure. Nothing like that would have ever gotten over. The WWE should have just given WCW a timeslot and moved some of their own talent over to it. Basically have done what they ended up doing with the whole brand split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Just pretend smackdown was canceled. move it to UPN. Make it good. and slowly do some crossover stuff.

What really pissed me off when (IMO) the best RAW of all time went down (ECW joins the Invasion) and it gave you that glimmer of hope....and then, well we know what happened.

Oh well.

___SK___
06-08-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my favorite moments of the whole invasion angle was when the "wwf" guys (dudleys and dreamer) came to the ring to fight off the "wcw" guys. micheal cole asks heyman whats going on. heyman stands up and says "this invasion just got extreme" i was down for the 3 way invasion but for the most part, it was a botched angle.

-Skeme-
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
http://myweb.kingnet.com.tw/kenshamrock/img/tajiri50.jpg

http://free-cheering.com/wwe/superstars/move/tarantula.jpg

IndieMatty
06-08-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my favorite moments of the whole invasion angle was when the "wwf" guys (dudleys and dreamer) came to the ring to fight off the "wcw" guys. micheal cole asks heyman whats going on. heyman stands up and says "this invasion just got extreme" i was down for the 3 way invasion but for the most part, it was a botched angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I just posted about this. The ONLY good thing to come from that was once Steve Austin turned, they had the RVD - Stone Cold interplay and the "funny" Stone Cold.

vulturesrow
06-08-2005, 12:11 AM
It would be awesome if we could get all the OOT wrestling fans together at a RAW taping or something.

IndieMatty
06-08-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be awesome if we could get all the OOT wrestling fans together at a RAW taping or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the very least, a thread for One-Night Stand will be made.

___SK___
06-08-2005, 12:15 AM
heymans shoot on mcmahon was one of the best shoots ever as well. "while doink the clown was dancing around the ring, the sandman was having his first beer"

Soul Daddy
06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Austin during this period was hilarious, probably the only time I actually enjoyed his performances. But I'll never forgive him for giving "WHAT?" to the lexicon.

vulturesrow
06-08-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am going to miss it /images/graemlins/frown.gif Im flying out to the west coast that day and dont think I will land and get to my destination in time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyone want to tape it for me?

Russ McGinley
06-08-2005, 12:23 AM
What?

___SK___
06-08-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think I am going to miss it /images/graemlins/frown.gif Im flying out to the west coast that day and dont think I will land and get to my destination in time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyone want to tape it for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to get a friend to tape it and will go from there.

Rob Blackburn
06-08-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing about One Night Stand is there is a 10x better show going on two days before at the ECW arena called Hardcore Homecoming. ONS is going to be good but not as good as HH looks.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-08-2005, 12:38 AM
my top 5

1. bret hart
2. the rock (especially when he's a bad guy)
3. shawn michaels
4. rick rude
5. chris jerricho

Carlito
06-08-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
time for carlito to shine on sd now.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's gonna be cool. But Carlito would have liked the chance to spit another apple or two in that wannabe thug's face. Posers are not cool.

B00T
06-08-2005, 01:12 AM
http://www.geocities.com/laparkamania/wcwlaparka/thumbnails/nitro3e.jpg

The Stranger
06-08-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I am familar with wrestlecrap.

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.indyinsiders.com/independentinsider/WCrapMae.jpg