PDA

View Full Version : When things are going good

Pil Sung Do
06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
I've been doing pretty well at this table. I feel as though I'm in control of the entire table. UTG seems ok, but he doesn't scare me. UTG +1 is tighter and I am cautious with him. Player to my right is loose passive. SB is the best player (other than me /images/graemlins/grin.gif) Tight, aggressive. BB is quiet.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t1935)
<font color="#C00000">UTG (t2030)</font>
MP (t1615)
CO (t1490)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t3800)</font>
SB (t1130)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t50, Hero calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t225) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, BB folds, UTG calls t350, CO calls t350.

Turn: (t1425) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1050</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1580</font>, CO folds, Hero calls t530.

River: (t4585) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4585

How did I do? And what does UTG have?

lastchance
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I raise to t300 not t400. I fold preflop, and I'm losing my stack if a straight beats top two pair on the turn.

Pil Sung Do
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I raise to t300 not t400.

Normally, I would but I thought that t300 would encourage callers more than I really wanted. You see that t400 still brought 2 callers.

lastchance
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Meh. Don't see what else you can do to with two pair here.

R_Brite_TDX
06-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Well Its tough to put utg on a hand because he is just calling your flop bet. If he seems ok then he isnt an idiot so I think we can rule out any huge hands because that is a pretty scary board for a big pocket pair. He may just be holding onto his aq or ak but I dont know why he would reraise on the turn with that. I am thinking along the lines of 5 9 or something of the sort...maybe 9 10 because then maybe he is think ok well I have top pair and a possible inside straight draw so lets just see what comes on the turn and then I will make my move. After seeing the 4 drop I think he is thinking his top pair will be good here although If it was me I would have never called that flop bet with that hand....so who knows...I guess its looking more like he flopped the straight.

Rex Ruthless
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How did I do? And what does UTG have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold 67o. Why waste chips even in position with that hand?
Great flop though. UTG has T8 (sooooted I hope for his sake)??? Or a set???

adanthar
06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
All right, this hand should generate more discussion than the rank and file hands usually get so let me start off with this:

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop sucks.

Let's discuss.

Rex Ruthless
06-08-2005, 12:28 AM
I'll limp and even call a small raise if it's a suited connector since you add the flush possibility to the mix. With an unsuited connector though your best hopes are the straight draw or 2pair flop. I'd prefer to save those chips for a better chance later.

Matt Walker
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All right, this hand should generate more discussion than the rank and file hands usually get so let me start off with this:

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop sucks.

Let's discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I'll bite. I can see why for you and select other top players/posters you might be missing out on a slightly +EV situation by folding, but are you suggesting that this is a clear call for everyone on this forum even if their post flop skills aren't as good as yours?

How is the number and position of the limpers affecting this decision? Suppose there were only one limper do you sitll call and does it matter if he is UTG or in CO?

lastchance
06-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Explain. 67o is a truly horrendous hand, no suitedness.

True, you have 40x BB, but the limpers in front of you only have 20x... Plus, I suck playing postflop. (yeah)...

adanthar
06-08-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK I'll bite. I can see why for you and select other top players/posters you might be missing out on a slightly +EV situation by folding, but are you suggesting that this is a clear call for everyone on this forum even if their post flop skills aren't as good as yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all: Honestly, I'm not *that* good postflop. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate myself maybe a 6. It's just that nobody else in SNG land is ever over a 4...anyway:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG seems ok, but he doesn't scare me. UTG +1 is tighter and I am cautious with him. Player to my right is loose passive. SB is the best player (other than me ) Tight, aggressive. BB is quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, we have an SNG where Hero has some good reads. One tight guy has folded, two limpers both kinda suck, the SB won't come in without a monster and BB will check. You have 80 BB behind (not 40), position, and are up against people with 40/60 BB stacks that will call off all of them with K9s on a 976 board. This is a call, I don't think it's close, and you don't have to be at all good to make it unless you call off *your* whole stack every time the flop comes 752.

With respect to the amount of limpers, it depends. Position is crucial, however.

durron597
06-08-2005, 09:44 AM
After I get two calls of my flop bet, I start to worry about a made straight and 99 from UTG. I think I check behind on the turn and call the river.

Edit: You've shown nothing but strength on this semi-scary flop, what could UTG or CO possibly call that turn bet with that you beat?

Better to check behind the turn and try to snap off a busted straight draw river bluff.

Pil Sung Do
06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.

UTG turned over 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a flopped top two pair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I did go on to win. /images/graemlins/grin.gif