PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about 99

willperkins
06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Two questions:

1. How do you play the prefop? Do you call, as I did?
Or should I have folded?
Or should I have pushed?

2. If you did call, as I did, how do you play the turn?

$10/$1
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t735)
CO (t1620)
Button (t1945)
SB (t2445)
Hero (t1195)
UTG (t1920)
MP1 (t3640)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t300</font>, Button calls t300, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t950) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">

Hero??

gumpzilla
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I probably push PF. Against one opponent a stop and go might be good but there's too great a chance that the flop will hit one of the two players, so that's out. Pushing should either take it down now (probably not) or isolate and give you the good end of a coinflip with some extra dead money in there.

If I called, I'm pushing on this flop. There's a decent chance I'm still ahead and my diamond might save me.

bluefeet
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
calling is a mistake IMO. you're putting in 1/5 your stack on a hand that is extremely to play post-flop...out of position, with two others.

me? i just assume fold, get on the other side of the blinds, and find a spot to push.

pushing probably isn't horrible here either. they could possibly both fold, likely one will call. if you get heads-up, you're probably ahead more times than not, but probably a race situation. again, on the chance they both lay it down (CO: "eh, button will call'm" Button: "screw that, that was your job CO") you could pick up a very nice pot now.

i could go either way - just not calling.

lastchance
06-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Push preflop, it's not close. I think I push the flop too.

RobGW
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd push here. CO could have been stealing and button only called so he probably wont call you. So I think you'll pick up this big pot a good percentage of the time. And if your called its usually a coin flip, but with a lot of dead money. How many blinds would you have to steal to equal the size of this pot? You have a good hand so take this opportunity. Your also one of the shortstacks. Winning this hand would get you right back in it.