PDA

View Full Version : Any realtors here?

jayboo
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I am currently studying for the Ca. salespersons license exam.
I was just wondering what others in the field thought of it as
a career? Pros/Cons I think I will like it but would love to hear some feedback from others.
Thanks Jay

pshreck
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.

miajag81
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
It's Realtor, with a capital R, because selling houses is a noble profession that commands the utmost respect.

jayboo
06-08-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's Realtor, with a capital R, because selling houses is a noble profession that commands the utmost respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to offend. Thx for valuable input. I now have a whole new outlook on things /images/graemlins/grin.gif Jay

Dangergirl
06-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I have a friend who is a Realtor and it can be a rough profession. It can be quite expensive. Joining a sponsoring broker is going to cost you at least $400. This doesn't include the cost of marketing materials such as business cards etc. You also have to pay a fee to your local association of Realtors. This ranges in the $600 per year. In addition to these you also have to pay your sponsoring broker monthly fees. You have to make sure you have some cash saved up for all this. Kiss your profit from your first deal goodbye.

gcoutu
06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I am a Realtor in South Carolina and love it. It is great money and good hours. You have to be flexible and enjoy being around all sorts of people. Have some money saved up cause you don't get paid salary, but it is worth it.

An important stat to keep in mind. 10% of the agents do 90% of the business. If you just want to goof off then play online poker, but if you want to make a good living and work a little bit you can really take off.

Good luck.

jayboo
06-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Thx for the replies. I did have my own bussiness for 5 years and i'm very familiar with adv. expenses, overhead, and not getting regular pay checks so this is not a prob for me.

Thx. again, Im pretty excited about this and can't wait to get this test passed so i can start /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChipWrecked
06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Don't try to compete with this Realtor. (http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2862513,00.html#)

OldYoda
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, THAT'S funny!!