PDA

View Full Version : fun with roomates/coworkers

asofel
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Stolen from another site:

Take a screen capture of your victim's computer using just regular print screen. Paste that into ms paint and save it as background.bmp. Next create a folder on their desktop and move all of their icons into the folder, and make the folder hidden. Then set their background image to background.bmp. Finally drag the start menu to the top and turn it to auto hide.

Voila.

Rhone
06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next create a folder on their desktop and move all of their icons into the folder

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm missing something. Why do you need this step?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next create a folder on their desktop and move all of their icons into the folder

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing quite a bit if this is the part you're having problems with.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmm... I'm not that mean.
Well, actually, I'd just never mess with someone else's property like that.

Instead, I set up a background image that has a folder on it called "Naked Pics" and then call friend over to look at why my Internet is down. When they start troubleshooting, I have to go to bathroom and leave them alone.

Hehe.

It would be good if I set up a hidden camera but just their sheepish grins and guilty eyes are enough.

Rhone
06-07-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing quite a bit if this is the part you're having problems with.

[/ QUOTE ]

very helpful, thanks.

Rhone
06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Take a screen capture of your victim's computer using just regular print screen. Paste that into ms paint and save it as background.bmp. Next create a folder on their desktop and move all of their icons into the folder, and make the folder hidden. Then set their background image to background.bmp. Finally drag the start menu to the top and turn it to auto hide.

Voila.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the reason I was confused was I misread the original post as having you put the picture of the desktop up within a graphics program, not as the background. I need to read more carefully...

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-07-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Voila.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the reason I was confused was I misread the original post as having you put the picture of the desktop up within a graphics program, not as the background. I need to read more carefully...

[/ QUOTE ]
You are saving it as the background. That's the whole thing! Then, you put all his icons somewhere else and hide the folder so they can't be clicked on. Then, when he comes back to his computer, it looks like normal, only when he tries to click on something, nothing happens and he freaks out. Wow.