PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30: Good time for a River check-raise, or lucky result?

JackOfSpeed
06-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking this was a marginally poor play that just happened to work out for me, but I figure my check elicits a bet from this guy more than half of the time. I also think this is a good image play, in that Villian will be less likely to value bet me on the river with future marginal hands.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $10, Button posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls ($5), Button checks.

Flop: (2 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

JackOfSpeed
06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Great play, Jack.

Anyone else agree? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JrJordan
06-08-2005, 12:17 AM
It's not too shabby, but the reason I say so is because of the drawy nature of this board. If he was calling down with a high spade, he wouldn't call a bet on the river anyway when he misses, so a check gives him the opportunity to bluff at it. I imagine a Q would bet this as well.

You really didn't post any read on this guy though, so it's hard to tell. Against a LAG or sponge I like it, against a more passive player though I think you'll get a low Q or T to check through too often when they'll call a bet.

mperich
06-08-2005, 12:19 AM
EZ checkraise IMO in this game.

-Mike

JackOfSpeed
06-08-2005, 12:48 AM
This was the first time I had seen this guy, so no real reads. He showed me T8o after calling my check-raise.