PDA

View Full Version : Mathcounts

stanky
06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Future asian poker stars on ESPN2 right now.

James Lang
06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I was in that when I was in 7th grade

NotMitch
06-07-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Dubra
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here 7th and 8th grade
everyone on our team went to nationals (i.e. us 4 represented the state)

then we got butts kicked /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

James Lang
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here 7th and 8th grade
everyone on our team went to nationals (i.e. us 4 represented the state)

then we got butts kicked /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We were always bad, but the year I went, we took back a right triangle shaped award for "Most Improved School".

Nottom
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
8th grade for me, was alternate for the state team. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

eastbay
06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8th grade for me, was alternate for the state team. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I was either 2nd or 3rd in state (FL, so that's kind of a handicap). Man that was a long time ago. 7th grade I think.

eastbay

anonymous_acct
06-08-2005, 01:16 PM
went to Nats in 8th grade, our state got 3rd.

Actually the best part was that they awarded the 3rd place trophies and medals to Illinois... then later in the evening they discovered an error had been made combining the team results and indiv results, and had to go to Illinois's hotel rooms, get the trophies/medals back, and then come give them to us. rock on.

prana
06-08-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they discovered an error had been made combining the team results and indiv results, and had to go to Illinois's hotel rooms, get the trophies/medals back, and then come give them to us. rock on.

[/ QUOTE ]

this happening at a math based event just made my hungover ass laugh very funny

A_PLUS
06-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I finished 6th in the region or state or whatever in this. Pretty cool though for an 8th grader, they had the top 10 on stage for 'elimination questions' with buzzers and all that. I remember my first match, girl jumps on the buzzer 15 seconds into the question, the dude stops reading, she starts crying, gets a huge ovation when I knock her out. I get knocked out 2 questions later, and dont get any applause outside of my team. Maybe I should have laughed at her on stage, huh?

Damn, that was a long time ago

DeathDonkey
06-09-2005, 03:08 PM
I was 4th in my state back in 8th grade. Yay Mathcounts. I have my right triangle trophies around here somewhere.

-DeathDonkey

dlk9s
06-09-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I finished 6th in the region or state or whatever in this. Pretty cool though for an 8th grader, they had the top 10 on stage for 'elimination questions' with buzzers and all that. I remember my first match, girl jumps on the buzzer 15 seconds into the question, the dude stops reading, she starts crying, gets a huge ovation when I knock her out. I get knocked out 2 questions later, and dont get any applause outside of my team. Maybe I should have laughed at her on stage, huh?

Damn, that was a long time ago

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember being in the heads-up match, too. I came in 9th in my region and went to the state finals. When I was in that heads-up buzzer match, I got destroyed. First question, I buzzed in before I finished the calculations, but couldn't work it out fast enough.

The state tournament was a complete dork fest. I think I cam in like 69/80 or something. When I was the coolest kid there, there was definitely a problem.