PDA

View Full Version : Afganistan Here We Come

09-22-2001, 04:11 AM
After listening to the President's Speech last night it looks to me like Afganistan will be the first target instead of Syria or Iraq as I speculated on this forum before. The reason for this is that it seems to me that the President gave Afganistan some ultimatums such as turning over all terrorists in your country that they won't meet. This makes it tougher to ignore Afganistan or hit someplace else.

09-22-2001, 06:25 AM
The war against terror can be viewed from an industrial world verses Islam point of view. Chechnya was invaded by the Russians for similar bombings in Moscow which killed hundreds, and perhaps thousands. The opponents appeared to be similar Islamic Zealouts.

The markets are tumbling. Burning off another 2,000 to 3000 on the Dow could happen by the new year. Airstrikes and invasion of Afganistan may land the country in a new Vietnam.

International organized crime does a brisk business in Plutonium. Counter terrorist strikes using nuclear or biological weapons cannot be discounted.

Attacks on Iraq, Iran, or Syria will cause the price of oil to rise sharply. This will further weaken a market primed for retraction.

Appeasment of terrorism is unacceptable. All avenues would indicate that the government must now pursue heavy deficit spending at a level not seen in 10 years in order to avoid a pending financial collapse. Military action while warranted, should be measured in context of the world economy.