PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear your seatbelt?

kyro
06-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't know why I'm posting this but I'm curious how many of you wear seatbelts. Me, personally, I always wear them if I'm driving or in the passenger seat. If I'm in the backseat of a friend's car, it usually depends on how cramped it is and whether or not I feel like expending any energy to put it on. Considering the way some of my friends drive, this is a very dumb strategy.

So what about you?

The Goober
06-07-2005, 05:45 PM
You might get more interesting results if you broke it up by category. Personally, I wear my seat 100% of the time if I'm driving, 100% in the passenger seat, probably 95% of the time in a "not-bitch" back seat, and probably 40% of the time in the bitch seat (which I try hard to avoid ever sitting in). I also never wear my seatbelt in cabs, for some dumb reason.

meep_42
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I never, ever wear my seatbelt in the back seat of a car. Always in the front seats.

-d

cardcounter0
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Yes. I still have a scar on my chin from not wearing one as a teenager.

Klepton
06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never, ever wear my seatbelt in the back seat of a car. Always in the front seats.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe princess di said this

stabn
06-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I've been wearing one ever since i got ten medical staples put in my head.

stankybank
06-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Always in the front. Driving or not.

Rarely in the back. Usually when group of friends go out drinking and we head home from the bars, if I feel like it, I'll belt up.

Seatbelts save lives. Seriously.

scrub
06-07-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why I'm posting this but I'm curious how many of you wear seatbelts. Me, personally, I always wear them if I'm driving or in the passenger seat. If I'm in the backseat of a friend's car, it usually depends on how cramped it is and whether or not I feel like expending any energy to put it on. Considering the way some of my friends drive, this is a very dumb strategy.

So what about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in three serious accidents as a passenger--the belt definitely saved my life in one of them.

It's never not worth the energy to put one on.

scrub

Anders_G
06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
always. even if i'm in the bitch-seat

meep_42
06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe princess di said this

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually have people chasing me.

-d

Yeti
06-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Nope, it's too much hassle and it gets in my way....

Of course I wear it.

spamuell
06-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Wearing a seatbelt probably saved my life recently and definitely saved me from serious injury. I'm glad I always wear one.

Sponger15SB
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Whenever I get in my car to drive, I always pull out of my parking space or my parking lot, and then I put my seatbelt on. I have no idea why I do this and I haven't made a conscious effort to stop. I know one of these days I'm just gonna get blindsided by an 18 wheeler or something crazy.

Other than that, always always always.

razor
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
ALWAY... front or back or whatever...

A couple times I've been in cars where the seatbelt wouldn't work - makes me very uncomfortable.

First thing I do when getting in a car is fasten the seatbelt. When I'm driving the car does not move until I'm belted in.

liquidboss
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I got in the habit of never wearing one until the commies up here in Washington state made it illegal and I got a ticket. Now I'm a little better at remembering. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I still catch myself without one on from time to time, then see a cop and quickly throw it on.

SpearsBritney
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I too would rather die if I ever had to sit in the back seat.

Rockatansky
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
always. even if i'm in the bitch-seat

[/ QUOTE ]

theBruiser500
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
been in 2 accidents, would not be surprised if i died in either of them with no seat belt on. wear your seatbelt

CharlesDarwin
06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I really dislike the fact that there is a seatbelt law.

SpearsBritney
06-07-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, it's not the law that keeps people wearing them.

jason_t
06-07-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

siccjay
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
WOW I'm the only one who voted NEVER but I'm an idiot for not wearing one.

On long trips I occasionally remember to put it on.

SpearsBritney
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOW I'm the only one who voted NEVER but I'm an idiot for not wearing one.

On long trips I occasionally remember to put it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

-EV

kyro
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm going to be honest, I'm amazed at the results. I thought much less people would wear them. I'm quite impressed to tell the truth.

Also, what's the bitchseat? Is it the back/middle? Or right behind the driver?

tbach24
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Back/Middle, I know this far too well /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I can't think of anything dumber than someone dying in a car accident because they weren't wearing their seatbelt.

ClaytonN
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, a gimmick account that made me laugh.

That hasn't happened in weeks.

NH

tbach24
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of anything dumber than someone dying in a car accident because they weren't wearing their seatbelt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. Smoking cigarettes, and it isn't even close. You're paying to make your life shorter.

ClaytonN
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I always wear a seat-belt. Always.

People who don't wear seat belts are retarded and are the category of people who end up dying in car accidents.

They say this in the "getting your license" videos, and for the most part it's true: Wear a seat-belt, and your chances of dying in a car wreck go waaaaaaaaaay down.

Choosing not to wear a seatbelt is the equivalent of walking across a neighborhood road with your eyes closed. Yes, likely nothing will happen, but there's the once in a few thousand scenario that you're in the wrong place and the wrong time.

And in that case, you die.

Or, you could just call yourself a gambling man. But whatever.

ClaytonN
06-07-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can. Smoking cigarettes, and it isn't even close. You're paying to make your life shorter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The choice to smoke cigarettes initially, yes, but not the process itself. There's drugs involved in keeping smokers from quitting so easily. Unlike nicotine which seeps through smokers, nothing is keeping retards from not putting on their seat belt.

david050173
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My insurance being higher because of idiots not wearing seat belts.

siccjay
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Dumb yes, but I have also heard of people who would have died if they were wearing one. This has happened to two people I know personally. They both had paramedics tell them they would more than likely be dead or badly injured if they were wearing it.

Sponger15SB
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dumb yes, but I have also heard of people who would have died if they were wearing one. This has happened to two people I know personally. They both had paramedics tell them they would more than likely be dead or badly injured if they were wearing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this smart guy...

How many people who have died in car accidents have told you that they would be alive if they had worn them?

siccjay
06-07-2005, 11:15 PM
All of them. I talk to them through my TV.

cbfair
06-07-2005, 11:59 PM
True story. The drunk driver that killed my mom wasnt' wearing one.

On a straight stretch of 2-lane road in the middle of the day, he got off the road on the right side and over-correrected coming back on. This had him spin so that when his car (a 92 prelude) hit my mom's head-on he was like 135 degrees spun and the passenger's side of his car hit the front left corner of my mom's Avalon - the connection was right at his firewall, below the base of the windshield. The engine compartment tore clean away from the rest of his car and the back end slammed into the drivers door of the Avalon.

When my dad and I went to the car to collect a bunch of crap from the trunk, the Prelude was there at the body shop too. The driver's compartment of his car was spotless and the windshield was in one piece; most of the force of the accident appeared to have been absorbed laterally along the firewall, leaving the car a pretty safe place to be, if he had stayed there...

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure the dumb f*ck was pulled out past the pedals and likely decapitated.

Kinda makes you think, huh?

cbf

Skipbidder
06-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, and it's not even close.

stinkypete
06-08-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah. although some people might disagree, i think idiots deserve to live too.