PDA

View Full Version : KK busted by AA

pkduke
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Over the couse of a week, playing in eight different low fee multi-table "special" tournaments I got my money in pre-flop with KK only to be shown AA by my opponent seven out of twelve times. On one occation I had my KK busted by AA on a final table in two consecutive hands (not two consecutive times I had KK, but two consecutive hands - i.e. back to back hands).

I have two questions concerning this. First, my understanding of probability tells me that the odds KK will be confronted by an opponent's AA in a 10 player table is about 21 to 1. What are the odds that is would happen in two consecutive hands?

My second question feels like sour grapes, but I'll ask anyway. I think the odds of something like the above situation happening (the two consecutive hands) have to be over 220,000 to 1. Add to that my KK being cracked 7 in 12 times by AA in a week. Is it more likely that the sight I play at is hurrying us along by creating situations where players will go all in against one another and thereby move the tournament along? I know it sounds silly, but I had to ask someone who knows probability.

pkduke

mmmmmbrother
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
22 to 1 is 1/23. having an even that is 1/23 to happen, twice in a row is the same as 1/23 x 1/23 = 0.0019 % of the time.