PDA

View Full Version : $109 AA, raised all in, what do you do?

Moonsugar
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
$109, first hand. You have no reads on any of the players involved.

You are dealt AsAd UTG, you raise 3x blind, MP and BB call your raise.

Flop comes KsJh7h and you bet the pot (t145). MP folds. BB raises all in (t955). What do you do?

junkmail3
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Call. I think.

octaveshift
06-07-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes KsJh7h and you bet the pot (t145). MP folds. BB raises all in (t955). What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I push and pray.

Here is my take, FWIW. (YMMV.)

The smooth calls PF could be AK, QQ, or JJ. (I would expect KK or AA to reraise.) So there is only one hand you are really behind at this point, which is JJ, and if that's the case, so be it.

Villain might have AKh for TPTK and flush draw, but you would still be 65% favorite.

I just don't see how you get away from this.

John Hurst
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Push all my chips in as quickly as possible.

Most likely hands for opponent:

1. AK
2. Flush draw
3. KJ
4. A set

hansarnic
06-07-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Here is my take, FWIW. (YMMV.)

The smooth calls PF could be AK, QQ, or JJ. (I would expect KK or AA to reraise.) So there is only one hand you are really behind at this point, which is JJ, and if that's the case, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Villain is calling only 30 from the BB closing the action. Impressed you can put him on one of only 3 hands....

lastchance
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I expect AK and some other flush draws. On this board, I don't see how I lay this down.

Pokerscott
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push all my chips in as quickly as possible.

Most likely hands for opponent:

1. AK
2. Flush draw
3. KJ
4. A set

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the hands, but since this was the BB doing the pushing (and BB got reasonable odds pre-flop) I would add the following hands to yours:

QT - more likely suited than not.
KQ
J7s (yes he might flip over this! I've definitely seen this sequence by a BB protecting his low 2-pair with a huge bet).

Even so, an easy easy call in my opinion.

Pokerscott

Moonsugar
06-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I busted when I called and didn't improve to beat K7 of clubs.

I seen Gamboholic and some others at 215 and higher do these types of plays.

I think his play is interesting and may be something to try every now and then, mixed in with some bluffs. Not sure.

durron597
06-07-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you do is raise more preflop. 3xBB in level 1 is not going to get folds.

lastchance
06-07-2005, 09:56 PM
In a $109, yes it is. Still, 4x BB raise isn't bad here.

durron597
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a $109, yes it is. Still, 4x BB raise isn't bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine they would call the raise with high implied odds hands like suited aces and kings and small pocket pairs. Same action, better reasoning?

Moonsugar
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM
3 or 4 is a meaningless difference really.

I WANT him to call with K7 anyways.

lastchance
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Not entirely meaningless, and the second is true.

inyaface
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I hate 3bbs with AA UTG in level one....you should make 4-5 at least. Your only getting action from K7 clubs postflop with 2 pair or some pair draw combo or if hes a total fish. I dont see why you want him calling preflop with k7 sootedn especially since your only getting his 3bbs in preflop in level one when your probably only going to get played with if he improves postflop

johnnybeef
06-07-2005, 11:22 PM
i assume that you were checkraised allin...sounds like hes making a move on you, and u should instacall.

Moonsugar
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate 3bbs with AA UTG in level one....you should make 4-5 at least. Your only getting action from K7 clubs postflop with 2 pair or some pair draw combo or if hes a total fish. I dont see why you want him calling preflop with k7 sootedn especially since your only getting his 3bbs in preflop in level one when your probably only going to get played with if he improves postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, becuase 83 cents of every dollar he puts in the pot is mine. Is that not a good reason?

He flops something that beats me something like 1 in 25 hands. If he does I (usually) have a chance to get away from my hand or outdraw him. And he can flop top pair or a flush draw many times then I can get more money.

Pokerscott
06-08-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I busted when I called and didn't improve to beat K7 of clubs.

I seen Gamboholic and some others at 215 and higher do these types of plays.

I think his play is interesting and may be something to try every now and then, mixed in with some bluffs. Not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rats! I should have added k7s to my range.