PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30: AA - Not Aggressive Enough? Dump it?

Levi King
06-07-2005, 04:50 PM
One year of winning poker and then the poker gods decide to put me in my place. I've been on a terrible, swingy downward spiral for a couple of months. Not here to whine, I know it's my non studying, non hand posting fault (though I'd like to blame on the opening up of the Party 30...). So, back to the basics. Comments appreciated. More hands are forthcoming.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

TiK
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
What hand did you put the guy on where you would be afraid of the flop? Since you didn't three-bet the flop, I think a turn check-raise is in order...I don't think you have anything to be afraid of. Seems a relatively safe flop to me. I think any hand with a T would pop you on the turn...I would guess a pocket pair raising you, hoping you just have overcards...

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Give him credit for a ten, after you cap the flop and lead the turn. Yeah. not aggressive.

oscark
06-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Given how you played it, you definitely can't dump it. I would 3-bet the flop and go from there. If he raises the turn, I am still usually seeing showdown, unless I have an excellent read on the player.

Levi King
06-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Now this is how I would normally play it, but my thought process went something like this: I'm not folding, so if he has the ten he 3Bs my turn raise and I bleed some chips and if he doesn't have the ten or an overpair he could get away from the hand and I would lose his river bet.

Instead I lost a lot of bets when he turned over 33 for a rivered set. F me.

oscark
06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Although you would have lost more, with your thinking, I think you have to bet the river. You yourself are willing to admit he probably doesn't have a 10...so you can't let him check behind.

As far as getting away from a hand, if he has a pair, on that board, almost all PP15 players are going to showdown, so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about him folding. I would be more concerned he checks through the turn and you miss a bet.

evain
06-08-2005, 03:30 AM
I either cap the flop or call the flop and check raise the turn.

Ulysses
06-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Put more action in earlier. Of course, with this board he'd put you on AK and call you down with a pair, then raise you on the river when he gets lucky.