PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs shortstacked tight early position raiser

jaguar
06-07-2005, 04:32 PM
This is one of the situations i tend to loose a lot of money on it goes like this. Tight passice shortstack with about 50 BB raise 4 BB from early or middle position i call with QQ and some other guy before me also called. Flop comes something like T83 twosuited or rainbow. PF raiser bets a standard continuation bet making the pot about 20 - 25 BB and caller goes out.

If i raise i am going to be commited more or less and are only going to be called down by AA or KK, If i call i am going to give free card to AK and are probably going to be set all in by my opponent on the turn. Same thing apply on the turn to if he doesnt set me in, he is only going to call with a hand thats beat me but are going to fold with AK. How would you handle this?

Blackjack
06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
You're being a bit pessimistic. Worse hands will call you down there.. AT, KT, J9, JJ, 99, etc... If you think he's just trying to take the pot now, I'd raise him. Screw his plans up. If he re-raises, you deal with that when it happens.

Blackjack

LuvDemNutz
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm not crying if I lose 50BB with QQ on a T high flop.

Raise his ass.

jaguar
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Trouble is that this guy is tight, no way he is playing AT, KT 99, J9 etc. an early position raise means pretty much AQ, AK, AA, KK, QQ and in some cases JJ and TT

captZEEbo1
06-07-2005, 05:30 PM
fold pf, or just put him allin

Kirkrrr
06-07-2005, 07:08 PM
The simplest thing to do was to raise pre-flop. If he comes over the top of you, you can more or less confidently fold your QQ. If he just calls, you are probably in decent shape more often than not on that flop. Either way, he's so short-stacked that unless an overcard falls on the flop I don't see how you can get away from the hand. I mean, you really can't wait until you have AA/KK before you make a play.
My 2c worth.

Kirk R.