PDA

View Full Version : 4 hands that I liked to have reviewed

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t3670)
Hero (t4330)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls t200, BB checks.

Flop: (t800) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t800) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t800) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1200

Hand #2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4070)
Hero (t3930)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t200, Hero checks.

Flop: (t800) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400.

Turn: (t1600) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (t1600) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1000</font>, Button calls t1000.

Final Pot: t3600

Hand #3

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t770)
BB (t735)
UTG (t740)
UTG+1 (t990)
UTG+2 (t1280)
MP1 (t715)
MP2 (t610)
MP3 (t600)
CO (t630)
Button (t930)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t50</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t200, MP1 folds, Button calls t200.

Flop: (t815) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets t175</font>, Button calls t175, Hero folds.

Turn: (t1165) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t175</font>, UTG+2 calls t175.

River: (t1515) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: t1515

Hand #4
Limp kk on the button, call, check. Flop comes 942 all spades. check bet 200, I call,sb folds. Turn is a red 9, He bets 300 into a 700 pot and I push for another 1200 more and he calls with 109 offsuit. Plenty of mistakes but was confused by this hand. Weak lead made me think draw and table was very tight.

junkmail3
06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
1. Preflop - Hero raises to T600 - Villian folds. (if it gets to the turn the way it did, hero bets T800) ... seriously. Calling in the SB heads up? Terrible.

2. Perflop - Hero raises to T1200. Hero might fold anywhere after that. Don't get tricked into having to play hands postflop heads up.

3. You put yourself in an interesting situation. You raised so much preflop, that you either have to go all in or fold post flop. You don't have enough room to make a probing bet. So, preflop, raise to T150. Then go all in if you get reraised again. Flop bet 2/3 the pot, see if anyone is still interested.

4. Too hard to read. Raise preflop.

KingDan
06-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Hand 1 Raise PF.
bet the turn
Hand 2 I push pf
Hand 3 After betting that much pf, you can't lay this down IMO. I push
Hand 4 Don't limp preflop. When you do, you are going to have to lay down on some scary boards.

octaveshift
06-07-2005, 04:37 PM
#1. Raise PF
#2. Push PF
#3. I push PF at the 10s. You will be amazed what crap will come along for the ride. Don't mind the fold to the KK flop.
#4. You stepped on your own dick by limping KK. Congrats.

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
1. nothing wrong with playing some poker after preflop which is what I'm tryin to improve. Anybody can push/raise a range of hands.

2. He liked to limp big hands, so I put him AK or AQ after the turn check and I thought a river pseudo value bet would take it down. A 1200 raise commits me to the pot if he reraises
3. Do you want to play AA 4 handed with a 150 raise, i don't
4. Not that hard to read just want to know about interpretation of villians bet sizes. Wanted to know if raise non spade turn as a good line here

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 04:46 PM
1. Probably should have raised but I thought I had an edge and he was timid postflop. Thought I'd take a free card (didn't want a checkraise nor make a continuation bluff on the river) which obviously didn't work out well
2. Thought he had a least an ace as he limped many big hands.
Wondering about delayed bluff.
3. In this case I find a check to be useful as somebody will bet at this flop and headsup I take my chances but not against two othere.
4. Limping was bad but I'm worried about the postflop play

citanul
06-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. nothing wrong with playing some poker after preflop which is what I'm tryin to improve. Anybody can push/raise a range of hands.

2. He liked to limp big hands, so I put him AK or AQ after the turn check and I thought a river pseudo value bet would take it down. A 1200 raise commits me to the pot if he reraises
4. Not that hard to read just want to know about interpretation of villians bet sizes. Wanted to know if raise non spade turn as a good line here

[/ QUOTE ]

1) the guy you responded to didn't tell you to push preflop. with heads up hands, reads are helpful. having played the hand as you did, bet the turn, if you got there without betting the flop. part of the "playing poker after preflop" is that when you're in position, you should be owning the guy hard.

2) see, telling us that he liked ot limp big hands would oh, i dunno, been a smart thing to do. i'm not going to follow any logic about check calling and then checking to see what you do on the turn here with K high, that just isn't making much sense.

3) you played this one fine i think. nah, prolly not. meh, pushing preflop isn't necessarilly wrong by any margin at all. your problem is that you only have 770 chips? what buyin is this? personally, i think with your stack, i'd push over the action to you, and that nothing else is acceptable at all really.

4) limping on the button with kings first in is terrible. so i'm not even going to read the rest of that hand. once again, interpretation of bet sizes is a) opponent dependent and b) stakes dependent. many players telegraph exactly what they have with their bets, and many tell you nothing because of their horrible play.

citanul

junkmail3
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to play too much post flop heads up. I didn't say push. I said raise. It's easier to play postflop (if you have to) if he comes along for the raise (and doesn't get to check with just any two) anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you mention this in your original post?
And, I meant raise to T600-T800, that was a typo on my part.
You'll get out of tough situations later the more you raise preflop (heads up, and in general)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to play AA in a push/fold situation post flop because you're in a situation where you can't correctly bet less than your entire stack postflop?

(And I don't think I saw the two limpers, or paid attnetion. So my postflop advice with the smaller raise may not be right. You'd need to bet T300 with a T800 stack. Which is harder to do than betting T200 I guess.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know stack sizes, blinds, how many players left, your chip position, his chip position, or other things.

I can't give advice without this knowledge.

elcheapo
Already answered 1 and 2 on other posts. #3 I'm trying to isolate against one opponent. The 2 other hands were JJ and AK I think neither wanted to play for all their chips preflop based on the JJ call of 200 extra and AK's call of the original raise. 4. Limping was bad but felt it was the only way to get action. Wondering about postflop play.

junkmail3
06-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I type too slow.

KingDan
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

#3. I push PF at the 10s. You will be amazed what crap will come along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a clear push at any level. Assuming even stacks of 4,000 someone who pushes every hand will at worst win 47%. Any hand with a king is better than this. Also, most players tend to fold too much heads up making this even more profitable. There was a good thread on this if someone cares to search for it.

Big Limpin'
06-07-2005, 04:55 PM
1. if i didnt bet the flop, i for sure bet the turn. that board *helps* you as now he may fold 2nd/3rd button
2.i fold flop.
3. flop t815 hero stack t 520, get your money in, if they have king, type "gg" and sleep well.
4. limping button just asking for anal insertion. this hand was SOOOOOO easy to play until you limped, then it got REAL hard. I'll qualify this by saying in advance i dont reall mean it, but :
"i hope you lost"

Heh. Thats my lines for the hands anyways, not guarenteed right, but its what i would do.

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 04:55 PM
These are 8 tabled 33's.

1. Didn't want to face a checkraise or call on the turn but probably should have bet anyway.
2. I put my opponent on overcards, if you know thats the case then how is it wrong to call with any two.
3. Opponents hands were JJ and AK based on their play preflop and post flop they didn't want to play for all their chips preflop.
4. Screw the limp which was bad but does someone generally play a weak top pair or a draw and how do you react if you have an overpair

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I push 80% of the hands I play (at least) 5 handed on down so pushing is not a problem. But I feel headsup if I can throw in a limp, a minraise in with some other stuff it won't become a giant coinflip extravaganza for 60$. We agree on Hand 3 it looks like preflop and hand 4 we both have 1500-2000 out of maybe 5 pople left

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
1. yeah should have bet turn
2. If you knew your opponents hand would you still fold
3. Check and gaining information is important sometimes
4. 250 raise would have gotten 150 chips and no more. I could have gotten maybe another 300 chips if I played the hand correctly postflop

luckyplayer
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Not sure why you want to "play poker" with both you and villain right around 10 BB on hand #1. Not much room for poker.

I answered push for the 1st 3. Everyone else seems to think raise. Is there any particular reason, or does my HU game need modification from push almost everything in SB.

junkmail3
06-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I've found that pushing all the time (which I used to do) gives you fewer options.

Raising up to 3x or 4x the BB will get the folds and steal blinds. If the blinds are too high, pushing/folding is the only option. But just raising gives you more opportunity to outplay your opponent and get away with a bit of a chance if things go really wrong.

If he has 62o he's folding to 3x BB and your push.

jgunnip
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
hand 1) all-in pre-flop

hand 2) check, then check/fold if you miss and push all-in in the SB with any two. but, all-in pre-flop wouldn't be bad either unless this seemed like an odd action for SB to make based on his play thus far.

hand 3) level dependant. At the lower levels I just push this.

hand 4) If it's ITM I push since by this point most of my opponents view me as a idiot who doesn't know how to play "real" poker and then call. If it's a full table or close to it, and I'm not too shortstacked I'll standard raise 3xBB.

just a note, if you're going to write out the hands make sure to include how man players at the table, the size of the blinds, the chips stacks, and reads you may have. All this is very important! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

luckyplayer
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
So you raise 3-4xBB HU, even with ~10BB? I guess the reasoning is that in one case you're out/holding on for dear life when he picks up a hand, but in the other you still have 6xBB to work with?

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Excuse me, don't cop an attitude to somebody you've never met and certainly somebody that you couldn't hold their jock strap.

jgunnip
06-07-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, don't cop an attitude to somebody you've never met and certainly somebody that you couldn't hold their jock strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? didn't mean to come off as coping an attitude. no need for the other remark.

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
"If it's ITM I push since by this point most of my opponents view me as a idiot who doesn't know how to play "real" poker and then call"

Nope, no attitude.

jzieg2313
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Dude, I don't think that was a dig at you at all. I think he was referring to the fact that because we push so much most people assume we are idiots. Could be wrong...

JZ

lastchance
06-07-2005, 07:17 PM
You are playing way too tightly and trickily and giving your opponents way too much credit.

Hand 1: Push preflop
Hand 2: Push preflop, or check and bet any flop. Calling with the intention of stealing just doesn't work against dumb players.
Hand 3: Check-push the flop.
Hand 4: Raise preflop, raise the flop, push the turn.

Don't try to be that tricky, it's not going to work.

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
The problem is that I push too much and negate any skill advantage I may or may not have (hopefully the former). I think theres some money to be made when you're not pushing and not trying to hit aset or get it all in with the big 4.

lastchance
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, you want to play postflop. You can't be that tricky against an opponent. There's very few players that laydown to you making the betting pattern you did in hand 2. There's very few players that are going to call your button bluff with Q4o.

Those are the spots you're missing. Tricky bluffs generally don't work. Don't try them unless you have great reads. Solid probe and continuation betting does.

Remember, they almost always have what they're representing, and even when they don't, they're still calling. Bluff them when they're not trying to bluff you.

elcheapo
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Opponent had AK AQ or underpair and his turn check on the K4 hand showed it. I've played enough to see patterns in play and the question is execution. Minraise flop, lead turn, Pot bet or more on river. Call flop then lead turn, What scares the average 33 fish into submission.

microbet
06-08-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3) you played this one fine i think. nah, prolly not. meh, pushing preflop isn't necessarilly wrong by any margin at all. your problem is that you only have 770 chips? what buyin is this? personally, i think with your stack, i'd push over the action to you, and that nothing else is acceptable at all really.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the action before him, it is certainly not unlikely that someone will reraise allin behind him and pretty much the last thing I want here is for someone to fold AJ+ or a pocket pair.

In a lower buyin game I think raising, even a little more, is good. At a higher buyin game I would expect people to think that raising 1/2 my stack means AA or KK and then I'd push, hoping for a call.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
1 - You have position, why not bet the flop?
2 - I don't see how calling is good, raise or fold... I would probably fold.
3 - I think you played correctly
4 - Why would you limp w/ KK (that can't be good) Bet PF