PDA

View Full Version : over pair on a suited flop question

100iq
06-07-2005, 04:13 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1545)
Hero (t1620)
Button (t4105)
SB (t1550)
BB (t2430)
UTG (t1930)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, Button calls t120, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, hungry4chips calls t90, MP folds.

Flop: (t375) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
hungry4chips checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1800</font>.

Call or fold here? Should I've just limped pre-flop instead?

pineapple888
06-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd need a very good read on the villain to even think about calling. (I'm assuming hungry4chips finally folded.)

A flopped flush has you beat.

Any overpair has you in big trouble.

Four to a flush, his flush is almost certainly higher than yours, and he almost certainly has one or two overcards, making you 50-50 or so. You have pot odds to call in this case, but how likely is this scenario, given the betting? Absent further information, I'm putting him on an overpair higher than yours.

Only if I think it's likely to be a stone-cold bluff, or he'd play a 7-high pair, would I consider calling.

Regarding the initial raise vs. limp, it all depends on the texture of the table. If I thought I could win right there, raise. If I thought I could limp without a raise after me, limp. If lots of maniacs pre-flop, fold and wait for better. But that's just me.

junkmail3
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
In this situation I would fold, even though it hurts. Your 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif can't be counted on, and he can have you beat so many ways I can't count them right now. So, as painful as it is (i.e. having lost 1/4 of your stack), I fold.

As for preflop. If you're going to raise, I'd raise to 150 maybe with that limper. After I get called in two places and then raised on the flop, I'd fold. I don't know how I feel about limping with this hand preflop ... but I think I would raise it also.

jgunnip
06-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I think you're being a little too agressive here and should get away while you can and fold on the flop top the raise. I would have betthe standard 3xBB preflop, and then checked when the three flush comes on the flop.