PDA

View Full Version : River action in 40/80?

DcifrThs
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM
game is pretty good at the wynn. Enon, i dont have this one written down so help me out w/ the board...but here goes.

i find QQ no clubs in the bb. utg (bad player) limps, MP1 limps (woman who has a pretty large stack of chips in front of her but i cant recollect her being in a single showdown or in fact anything more than her blinds in a pot, bad playing MP2 raises, Enon 3bets in the CO, folded to me i 4 bet. bad player calls, MP1 calls those 2 cold, MP2 now caps, all call.

7c5c2s i bet utg calls MP1 calls bad pla yer calls enon calls.

6 or 4 of crubs. i bet utg folds, MP1 calls MP2 cals enon folds.

river is the 4 or 6 non clubs. i bet MP1 now raises, MP2 folds i fold. i *almost* never fold for 1bb in big pots on the river, but i thought this was a time to do it...i didn't like checking because the i still felt i'd be called by hands that i beat and only raised by hands that are way stronger than mine (from MP1) and that MP2 would definately be calling the 80.

-Barron

Paluka
06-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Pot seems way to big to use the "bet and fold to a raise" line.

surfdoc
06-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Were the turn and river the same number card or different? i.e. what is the final board?

SoBeDude
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Were the turn and river the same number card or different? i.e. what is the final board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if the board put a 4-straight out I'm more inclined to fold to the raise. if the turn and river were the same card I'm calling the raise 100%

-Scott

DcifrThs
06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if the board put a 4-straight out I'm more inclined to fold to the raise. if the turn and river were the same card I'm calling the raise 100%

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

turn was either the 6 or 4...the river was the OTHER card that the turn was not for a final board of the 4straight and 3flush.

-Barron

gonores
06-07-2005, 06:43 PM
What Paluka said...any river line that involves folding for one bet sucks here.

Klepton
06-07-2005, 06:56 PM
this is almost like a bad beat post, just make the crying call

DcifrThs
06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is almost like a bad beat post, just make the crying call

[/ QUOTE ]

why? what does she have?

Barron

Clarkmeister
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Physical description or name of MP1?

DcifrThs
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Physical description or name of MP1?

[/ QUOTE ]

short haired (kinda red) 50ish woman who had about 5k in $10chips in front of her

no name
Barron

Clarkmeister
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
No clue.

Anyways, it's probably a good fold, except that you violated Clarky Rule #14: If you make a big laydown and feel the need to post it later, it couldn't have been a good fold.

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No clue.

Anyways, it's probably a good fold, except that you violated Clarky Rule #14: If you make a big laydown and feel the need to post it later, it couldn't have been a good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, makes sense...so what are the other x# of rules?

Barron

Clarkmeister
06-08-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

yea, makes sense...so what are the other x# of rules?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I make them up as I go along. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

onegymrat
06-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Barron,

Especially because you have no real read on MP1 and MP2 will call down, why wouldn't check-calling be better in this specific situation where there is such a coordinated board and a rather large pot?

PokerBabe(aka)
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Of course, since we don't know what the actual cards were on the river, this handreading exercise becomes more difficult (lol).

I put your lady (name unknown) on pocket 8s for the rivered straight.

LGPG

Babe

P.S. Are you playing at Wynn exclusively ? I would like to meet you so PM me with your Thurs and Friday schedule.

ggbman
06-08-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't like checking because the i still felt i'd be called by hands that i beat and only raised by hands that are way stronger than mine (from MP1) and that MP2 would definately be calling the 80.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

On a board with a 4 straight and 3 flush, there are are far less hands calling a river bet worse then yours then you think IMO, whereas checking you may induce a desperate bluff from the ace of clubs or something to that degree. Also since this pot is huge, you really want to showdown, but do so as cheaply as possible.

DcifrThs
06-08-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Barron,

Especially because you have no real read on MP1 and MP2 will call down, why wouldn't check-calling be better in this specific situation where there is such a coordinated board and a rather large pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the reason i want to bet and fold to a raise. because there's 3 bpeople in the pot a raise is not likely to be a bluff. MP1 knows MP2 is calling a lot, playing hands too far etc...i'd like to get value and fold to the raise...

however looking back, its probably betting to check call in these situations, but i think that gives up a bit of ev...but it does provide 100% security in knowing you saw the showdown.

-Barron

onegymrat
06-08-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but it does provide 100% security in knowing you saw the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I left out also, but wanted to say, as well as finally seeing what MP1 plays up front. The only thing I would fear by checking is that MP1 bets and MP2 bluff raises rather than call. I agree of course, that you are badly beaten, but still nice to see what she sucked out with.