one folds.
Bad Guy raises to 3
Hero raises to 9.75
Bad Guyraises to 24.42 (all in)
Hero calls all in
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Jc ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2c ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand is worth 34 points pre-flop, consider raising instead of just calling. I'm guessing you got outdrawn?

Wintermute
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Playing an AAxx hand in PLO8 from the blinds is tricky. Especially when the pot isn't raised preflop into you. With mediocre AAxx's & lots of callers, I would agree with your approach--just call and see what the flop brings. But with only one other player, or with several players but a very strong AAxx, I raise the pot preflop every time. Sure, you'll be put in tough positions if you get several callers and the flop doesn't help you much, but more often you'll be able to comfortably put in another pot-sized bet on the flop.

In this case, you have both a very strong AAxx & just one other player in the pot. Perfect situation to raise the pot preflop. Isolate the guy while you're way ahead and most flops will allow you to bet strongly, like this one.

In this particular instance, things worked out fine, all the money went in when you were very likely ahead. Now, it could be that you were behind %-wise (at most slightly) on the flop, to A234 or something like that. Who cares. A lot of the time, you're going to catch the guy w/ KK, or making some other idiot move given this action. That will definitely compensate for your -EV right here if he is ahead. Don't worry that you made a mistake on the flop just because you lost this hand, which is the only reason I can imagine you'd post this hand. You didn't. Only possible criticism is to raise it PF.

sfwusc
06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I thought the other guy made the mistake, but I was the one that lost. I hate that crap.

345rag...catches his mircle card
He had some equity on catching a low hand since I need a runner low to beat him, but still.

-SFWUSC

Beavis68
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
8-9 outs isn't exactly a miracle.

But yeah, played it like crap, but that is too be expected.

grandgnu
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh, whoops, didn't see that this was Pot Limit, my line of thinking was on Limit, sorry!

Ironman
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
As Winter said, the only way I play this differently is raise preflop. This is the hand that I will take my chances with all night long.

Good luck,

Dave