PDA

View Full Version : Early in online Satellite

SoBeDude
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Funny thing is this is a FPP satellite, so we're all playing for free. And everyone seems to be playing really tight.

example: first round, MP limps, folded to me on the button and I raise with KJh. blinds fold, MP folds.

We all start with 1500 chips.

Then this hand happens: (10/20 blinds)
2 fold, next opponent raises 60. I smoothcall with AKo looking to trap. all fold.

Flop is 8 9 T rainbow

MP overbets and makes it 320 to go. (150 in the pot before he bet)

Whats my play?

-Scott

HonchoOverload
06-07-2005, 02:39 PM
either push or fold...I like pushing a little better

ClaytonN
06-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I fold. You have enough chips as is. In the FPP tourneys people drop like flies very fast, so all you need to know how to do is play a good short stack and get it up to a big stack and coast in.

Don't need to make a silly play like this at this stage. I don't even think you have folding equity.

HonchoOverload
06-07-2005, 02:41 PM
[censored], I misread your post...sorry

I thought you had KJ in THAT hand. With AK, I get away from this. You should've reraised pf and you should cut your losses right here.

SoBeDude
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. You have enough chips as is. In the FPP tourneys people drop like flies very fast, so all you need to know how to do is play a good short stack and get it up to a big stack and coast in.

Don't need to make a silly play like this at this stage. I don't even think you have folding equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put my opponent on?

ClaytonN
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
AA-77
AK/AQ/AJ/AT
KQ/KJ

Most likely is AJ, JJ, KJ

Regardless, you're a dog to villain's range of hands.

Most importantly, though, I wouldn't automatically interpret villain's overbet as a need to steal the pot.

I seriously put him on JJ...

freekobe
06-07-2005, 03:31 PM
If you're taking this tournament seriously, you have to fold.

Given the number of horrific players likely to be in a tournament like this, even though it's playing tight, you can definitely get your chips in a better spot.

You've got time. Blinds are low. Still a lot of terrible players left. Fold.

Oh, and another consideration...because these players are horrible, they're much more likely NOT to respect your raise, i.e. they'll call with 77 or A 10.

Just my .02.

A_PLUS
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Given this is a free roll, I think anything other than a fold is a very bad idea. You may get called by a medium PP, which you are a fairly big dog too.

I think your F.E. is very low, and you are almost definitely behind right now.

Jurollo
06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
He is obviously behind, haha. I think JJ is VERY VERY unlikely, this looks like 2nd pair and an overbet to take down the pot. The only thing you have to ask yourself is will he lay down middle pair to a push? I would suspect since it is an FPP the answer is no.
~Justin