PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who hate the taser video...

TomCollins
06-07-2005, 01:50 PM
What should the officer have done instead? I see a lot of whining from leftists who always know what is wrong, but have no alternative. I have yet to see one of you who complained suggest something better. Perhaps there is a brilliant idea out there that I haven't thought of. Please share it.

Sponger15SB
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Grab her. Get her out of the car. Get her to the ground. Put cuffs on.

1800GAMBLER
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
His reason for not just dragging her ass out of the car was incase he decided to drive off. I think there's no chance of her doing that. Even if you think the first one was justifed, the 2nd one wasn't.

Jack of Arcades
06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Well, I wouldn't have started a thid thread on it.

nothumb
06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Look, I'm no cop, but I deal with juvenile delinquents much larger and stronger than this woman all the time. And I've never had to tase one in order to break up a fight, remove one from a room, etc. These cops are bigger, stronger, and paid more money than I am. No reason they can't yank this woman out of the car. I probably could have done it myself.

NT

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-07-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm no cop, but I deal with juvenile delinquents much larger and stronger than this woman all the time. And I've never had to tase one in order to break up a fight, remove one from a room, etc. These cops are bigger, stronger, and paid more money than I am. No reason they can't yank this woman out of the car. I probably could have done it myself.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason is that it's dangerous to both people involved and could result in injuries worse and longer lasting than the short-term pain involved with a taser.

chaas4747
06-07-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What should the officer have done instead? I see a lot of whining from leftists who always know what is wrong, but have no alternative. I have yet to see one of you who complained suggest something better. Perhaps there is a brilliant idea out there that I haven't thought of. Please share it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a leftist, but I am more on the moderate side of right. I think my biggest problem was the length of time, and the second shot. Educate police on communication skills, and not just how to shock the [censored] out of someone. I don't think he ever told her to get out of the car because she was being placed under arrest for driving on a suspended license. There were two policemen and one pretty small lady. I think they could have taken her with out the use of any weapon.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a leftist, but I am more on the moderate side of right. I think my biggest problem was the length of time, and the second shot. Educate police on communication skills, and not just how to shock the [censored] out of someone. I don't think he ever told her to get out of the car because she was being placed under arrest for driving on a suspended license. There were two policemen and one pretty small lady. I think they could have taken her with out the use of any weapon.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it went something like:

"Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car or I'll tase you. Get out of the car or I'll tase you. Get out of the car or I'll tase you."

I think she should've recognized that he was asking her to get out of the car and that she should've hung up her [censored] phone and got the hell out of the car. Also, that the immediate consequence of her not getting out of the car would be getting tased.

wacki
06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Have you ever dragged someone out of a running car? They are trained not to do that for very good reasons.

BusterStacks
06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Heh, I think tazing her was fine. Next time she'll probably do what they say.

asofel
06-07-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car. Get out of the car or I'll tase you. Get out of the car or I'll tase you. Get out of the car or I'll tase you."

I think she should've recognized that he was asking her to get out of the car and that she should've hung up her [censored] phone and got the hell out of the car. Also, that the immediate consequence of her not getting out of the car would be getting tased.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, yet very well done. I lived, I laughed, I learned.

pshreck
06-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Am I the only one that thought of this (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/fakecop.asp) when watching the video?

John Bunnell
06-07-2005, 02:13 PM
The only phone she'll be using from now on in is the one at the state pen.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thought of this (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/fakecop.asp) when watching the video?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I mean yes. As in, you're an idiot this is obviously not what's happening here.

ddollevoet
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have to be a rocket scientist to understand what happened on the video. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

private joker
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Have you ever dragged someone out of a running car? They are trained not to do that for very good reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Moderator -- is there any way to unite these three threads? I'm getting very confused and don't understand why they keep multiplying. Soon this is going to call for another appearance by...

SameThreadBumper!

Oski
06-07-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She was told she was being placed under arrest and why. This happens immediately after the police approach her a second time.

pshreck
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I mean yes. As in, you're an idiot this is obviously not what's happening here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot for not realizing that the woman did not know that.

Listen to the damned video, she is simply trying to give someone an address as to where she is pulled over. Trying to protect herself against something potentially harmful.

wacki
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Ehhh... I can't unite the threads, but you win.

Linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=2548065&amp;Fo rum=c7&amp;Words=tase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=255&amp;Main=2548 065&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=19577&amp;daterange =1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bod yprev=#Post2548065)

big burning pile of poo.