PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 QQ live behind 2 pros

CanKid
06-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Good game, except for the two 2 pros/fulltimers/whatever on my right, but rest of table isn't too special, with good variety of live ones.

UTG+1(pro1) is tight and non tricky, and is running well.
UTG+2(pro2) is playing alot of hands before the flop, but playing tight/conservative post flop.

Neither are very likely to play their hand incorrectly for deception purposes.

UTG+1 (pro1) open raises (77-AA, ATs+, AJo+), pro2 raises behind him (real hand), I decide to mix it up and call 3 cold with QQ right behind pro2. BB calls (female player who I don't recall much about, besides her not being very good). Pro1 calls the 3bet.

(thoughts about my PF cold call. i've been playing overly aggressive preflop, mostly in late position, and raising just about any 2 when folded to me in hijack-1 or later, I also felt pro1 would give me more information about his hand with a cap or call when it comes back to him, as I'm fairly certain he does not cap 99-JJ here after the raise/cc, and probably 50/50 with AKs, 10/90 with AKo). Plus I got a kick out of them both giving me a hairy eyeball when I called 3 cold.

Flop: 9 T 2 rainbow

BB checks, pro1 checks, pro2 bets, I raise, BB check-3 bets, pro1 folds, pro2 calls, I call.

Turn: T

BB bets, pro2 calls (very unlikely to be A-high), I fold

Comments welcome,
Thanks

James282
06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
If you have a tight image, your preflop "mix it up play" will look exactly like TT-QQ or AK to a tight player. Instead of mixing it up, you stamp your hand on your forehead. Also, even tight players will call along with AK on the turn.
-James

piggity
06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1(pro1) is tight and non tricky
UTG+1 (pro1) open raises (77-AA, ATs+, AJo+)

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this range a bit wide for a tight player from UTG+1? Or do I play too tight?

CanKid
06-07-2005, 02:07 PM
James,

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a tight image, your preflop "mix it up play"

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I had a tight image, quite the opposite.

[ QUOTE ]
i've been playing overly aggressive preflop, mostly in late position, and raising just about any 2 when folded to me in hijack-1 or later

[/ QUOTE ]

I was showing down so much trash, that when a bb or sb defended and won the hand, the other end of the table would high-5. (myself and the other 2 players in question were seats 7 8 9)

CanKid
06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Piggity,

You're probably correct that his raise is most often the upper middle end of the range I provided.

James282
06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
So you're in there raising a bunch of stuff, and out of nowhere you call 3 cold? Trust me, your hand was stamped on your forehead.
-James

CanKid
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
k