PDA

View Full Version : Top two, slightly awkward.

ImJWish
06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
2-4 Stars, 6 handed.

BB is a calling-station who will call any bet with any gutshot draw, Hero has 500 and is MP, MP+1 just sat down has 400, Button has Hero covered and seems like a reasonable player.

Hero dealt QJ clubs in MP, 1 fold to him, HEro calls 4, MP+1 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

FLop: QJ9, two hearts. BB checks, Hero bets 10. MP+1 calls, button raises to 30, BB calls, Hero action?
Should I raise here? Or should I call and see how button reacts to another card. I felt like I should raise to price the obvious drawers, but I wasnt sure if Button had me crushed to 4 outs or if I had button crushed to two outs. I felt that I most likely had BB beat, MP+1 seemed to be drawing to a heart draw. If I raised, I feared MP+1 would overvalue a hand I would have beat and may push and if he did call and a bad card came off, I would be unsure of my turn move.

Turn: T of hearts. BB bets out 50, I fold, MP+1 folds, Button calls.

River: blank. BB bets 130 all in. Button calls with Q9. BB has K8 for the straight.

ImJWish
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
bump, play comments appreciated and expected.

Kirkrrr
06-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I love the Reuben/Ciaffone take on this: if raised by someone who has position on you on a draw-heavy board, call the raise and, if a blank falls on the turn, bet pot and try to take it down. If raised, you're pretty much definitely beat at that point and can let your hand go. If a scare card comes on the turn (another heart or a Ten), it will get nasty but more or less unavoidable.

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt sure if Button had me crushed to 4 outs or if I had button crushed to two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're either pretty well ahead or way, way behind and I don't think this is the best time to shove all your chips in right there on the flop against three other players.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to call the raise and lead the turn if it's a blank. If it's a bad card, just let it go.

Kirk R.

captZEEbo1
06-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I might raise this preflop. You should probably overbet (or at least pot) this flop considering BB a calling station. How loose is button's pfr standards, that affects this problem a bit. Does button raise draws? Top two on this board kinda blows. It's one of those, probably best hands, if not, you're in trouble, if it is best hand, there's a million scare cards that you'll be paying someone off with or getting put in a tough decision. If you think your two pair is good here, because button likes to raise draws, pot reraising (with allin intention) is an option.

Turn is a clear fold given read that BB calls with gut draws (and having button to act behind you with who knows what).

River button should probably fold since two pair on 4straight 3 flush kinda blows.