dealt to SkyRocker [4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4h/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
raap: folds
fitzjim: calls £1
Narpo13: folds
Mat070513: raises £2
967andy: folds
SkyRocker: calls £1
fitzjim: calls £1
----- FLOP ----- [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
SkyRocker: checks
fitzjim: checks
Mat070513: checks
----- TURN ----- [6/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Mat070513: bets £2
SkyRocker: raises £4
fitzjim: calls £4
Mat070513: calls £2
----- RIVER ----- [3/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Mat070513: bets £2
SkyRocker: calls £2
fitzjim: folds

Flop: The check from the preflop raiser means he probably didn't hit the flop.

Turn: The guy in middle position checked, that means he don't have queens or nines. The preflop aggressor bets, he probably has overcards or a middle pocket pair. My best chance of winning the pot is to isolate him. Middle position guy calls two cold!! Does he have a flush draw? I plan on folding to a bet from MP on the river and call if pf-aggressor bets on a non-spade river...

Comments?

Surfbullet
06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
First - use bisonbison's hand converter if possible (check other hand posts for link). If you can't, make your post look like you used it.

Second - just FYI - it's considered good form to change the other player's names to "UTG, MP" etc to protect their identity - and change yourself to "Hero" if you don't want your name revealed.

On to the hand.

the PFRs flop check is very weird. However, you described them as loose/passive, so they do passive, weird things. He may or may not have a made hand, depending on how passive he is.

I'll often lead the turn, as the 6 doesn't change much so our hand may still be best. As it stands the pfr called your checkraise and bet the river with 2 opponents - he is not likely to be bluffing, and that coupled with the possibility of an overcall behind you makes this river a fold IMHO.

Surf

dantheman_05
06-07-2005, 03:11 PM
this flop wil hit players often (such as the mp). you had the right idea at the wrong time i think. leading the turn is a better play than the check raise. the worst case happened here when the mp called. normally mp will fold but the pfr will now see the river for one more bet if he is anywhere near this board. and you will be faced with a tough decision on the river more often than not when you check raise this turn. if you lead the river and get called by both then it puts things into persective. plus you can check the river and see what develops. say youleadthe turn and both call. so many cards can fall that would be bad for you. if you check the river and mp bets then pfr calls you can fold your 44. i dont like to check raise turns or raise in postion without more than a marginal hand. it can get expensive. plus havingreads on your opponents is critical.