PDA

View Full Version : Guys I got lost on this one.

Kyle
06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Villian was 45/25/1.5. I checked the turn hoping to induce a bluff on the river. However when the 5 came I decided to bet the river for value. Comments.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

afk
06-07-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't know much about 4 hand play but I fold A5o preflop (though I'm very open to changing that).

My question is, you said you were trying to induce a river bluff - What bluffs are you hoping him to bet that you beat? Busted straight draws? I can't imagine your Ace looks that great.

adamstewart
06-07-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked the turn hoping to induce a bluff on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??

Bet/fold the turn.

Adam

adamstewart
06-07-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I checked the turn hoping to induce a bluff on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??

Bet/fold the turn.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

wait... the more I think about this, the dumber it is....

If you think your ace-high is so strong, then value-bet the turn and value-bet the river.... it's that simple. (Note: personally, I don't recommend this line).

Adam

djoyce003
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I raise any ace 4 handed....i raise any king with a moderately reasonable kicker.

Xhiggy
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd play it the same way. On the river, the chances that this player decided to try to play his strong hand for a river check-raise after you checked behind on the turn are very low, and I'd say that probably more than 50% of the time he thinks you're bluffing the river (given you checked behind on the turn) and he's trying a "rebluff"? (I'm not exactly sure what the correct term is, but you get the idea)

Xhiggy
06-07-2005, 12:44 PM
checking the turn here with your ace high is fine, especially given your ISD. if you consistently keep firing away on the turn, you're going to be check-raised here a lot (by people slow playing their top pair, second pair, or higher, or semibluffs, etc.)

adamstewart
06-07-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same way. On the river, the chances that this player decided to try to play his strong hand for a river check-raise after you checked behind on the turn are very low, and I'd say that probably more than 50% of the time he thinks you're bluffing the river (given you checked behind on the turn) and he's trying a "rebluff"? (I'm not exactly sure what the correct term is, but you get the idea)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm one of the few players who doesn't have the infamous: "Check the turn, to try to induce a river bluff-check-raise" in my playbook.

Oh well.

Adam

adamstewart
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
checking the turn here with your ace high is fine, especially given your ISD. if you consistently keep firing away on the turn, you're going to be check-raised here a lot (by people slow playing their top pair, second pair, or higher, or semibluffs, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's when you fold A,5o

Adam

Trix
06-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I like if he is aggro, so he will often bluff at the river, he calls very light on the flop, 7d6d and such, he CRs some hands you have 7 outs against or is ahead of on the turn and he will never fold a pair if you bet the turn.
He will bet out on the river about the right ammount of time if he checks and calls the turn.

There is a good ammount of loose-aggr players I would make this check against I think. Probably even more so at 10/20 or if your image is weak at the time.

hockey1
06-07-2005, 01:16 PM
What possible value did you think there was in betting that river?