PDA

View Full Version : AKs vs. reraise

LearnedfromTV
06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Pretty sure I made a stupid call here. Villain was not too raise-happy and his re-reraise probably meant another AK or QQ or better, but I suppose it could have been any pair. That's what I was hoping when I called. How about the reraise preflop? Too aggressive vs big stack? If I flat call my money is going in anyway eventually with that board, but should I try to keep the pot smaller?

Level 5 of pokerroom 22

Seat 2: Hero CO [AH,KH] ($3,080 in chips)

Seat 3: Button ($1,875 in chips)

Seat 5: SB ($2,860 in chips)

Seat 7: BB ($2,575 in chips)

Seat 8: UTG ($3,265 in chips)

Seat 10: UTG + 1 ($1,345 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($75), BB posts blind ($150).

PRE-FLOP
UTG raises to $300, UTG + 2 folds, Hero raises to $750, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG raises to $2,965 and is all-in, Hero calls $2,330 and is all-in.

FLOP [board cards 3S,9C,AS ]

TURN [board cards 3S,9C,AS,KS ]

RIVER [board cards 3S,9C,AS,KS,10H ]

pergesu
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I'd be more likely to just call the initial raise. You'll have position on him after the flop, so I think reraising has less value. If you just call, you can extract a lot of chips when you hit a flop (unless he has AA or KK - ouch), and get out with little invested when you miss. You've got plenty of chips, so you should be trying to make your money on the flop and beyond.

Once he pushes back you have to dump it. He showed strength by raising UTG, and showed even more strength when he said he didn't care about your hand one bit. He's got a big hand, you've got a big stack, pick a better spot.