PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4NL Shortstacks

AceHiStation
06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I've always noticed a few decent players who buy-in to the $400NL level for $200, but all of a sudden I'm seeing people buy-in for $100 left and right. I can't stand these types of players. If you raise preflop and fire out a continuation bet, they go all in and you're practically chip committed.

I was wondering if this bothered anyone else.
I was wondering if you change your style against these players.
I was wondering if you raise bigger when these players limp preflop or you are on button and they are on SB/BB.

I've had trouble with these players before as I play a hand like KJ in position that flops Kxx and I lose to KQ cause I get checkraised and I'm pot committed. I've recently started raising 4x preflop when these players are in as its my impression that these players simply lack the bankroll to handle these limits if faced with aggressive preflop raises.

Just curious to see what you guys think and if I'm the only one that hates this,
-Ace

capone0
06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
can't do much about it because of the minimum buyin requirements are low. you can't do much about this. becomes a lottery game sometimes.

Blackjack
06-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I hate the fact that when you play them.. you're basically in for their entire hundred while if they call one of your raises, they can easily dump on the flop.

Yhe super short stacks are getting reverse implied odds from teh bigger stacks.

Blackjack

dtbog
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
I think this is as much a part of table selection as any other factor. (though there's often nothing you can do about it -- especially at the NL 400 on Party, which spreads less than 10 full-table games!)

I hate it. Even worse are when they bust out and then rebuy for less than they bought in the first time -- I don't quite understand the logic.

-dB