PDA

View Full Version : Limit SNGs?

karitek
06-07-2005, 10:32 AM
I am looking for general advice for the limit SNGs, but have had no luck in my searches on the forum. Have there been any general guides posted on the forum?

Thanks for your help.

pergesu
06-07-2005, 10:36 AM
My mom absolutely destroys the PokerRoom $5+.5s, and she just started playing poker like three weeks ago. So they can't be that hard.

You really might want to consider learning the NL games, since there's just so much more info and knowledge here regarding NL. But last week I was looking over my mom's shoulder and asked if she had a general strategy, and she said, "I wait until I have a good hand and then just keep betting." She beats the game solidly with that strategy, apparently, so if you just put a bit of thought into it you should rock em.

karitek
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I got bored by the NL SNGs, and usually play Limit ring games, so decided to try the Limit SNGs. I'm doing well - ITM over 40%, but just wanted to read up to see if my strategy needed to be fine tuned at all.

I've been using the general SNG strategy - play very tight for the first 3 levels, then start making stabs to steal the blinds. It seems to be working, but I'd love to hear any other advice.

introv
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got bored by the NL SNGs, and usually play Limit ring games

[/ QUOTE ]

You're weird! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Karak567
06-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh man I accidentally bought into a limit SNG once and just chalked it up as a lost cause.

Playing limit SNGs is like watching paint dry. But to each his own! haha

pergesu
06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I just keep clicking the bet/raise any button. I figure I could probably cash, but I really just wouldn't want to. Plus when I intentionally bust out of limit/stud/omaha tourneys, it teaches me not to buy in to the wrong games.

benfranklin
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Limit SNG Guide (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/tournament/limit_holdem_sng.html)

treeofwisdom7
06-07-2005, 01:30 PM
i think all of us party players are limit STT players also. from what i played this is my general rules..
dont play much early on and your often gonna have to fold aces kings after everyone on the table sees the flop. if you can last till the blinds get big pray for a big hand and just keep raising cuz someone will call you down with anything.

karitek
06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks. i just like limit tournies because they seem to be softer than the NL games - it's very easy to sit down at a table of all fish. also, i just like limit poker in general.

runner4life7
06-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Ive played like 3 limit ones on accident and the players i saw there were just terrible. (11s and 22s) I figured you dont pick limit unless you are semi competent, but I was able to money in all 3 after originally chalking them up as losses. So if you ever do misclick I would play it out.

SL__72
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I played a PL omaha H/L SNG yesterday by accident... it was right above NL hold'em. I don't play omaha at all and somehow managed to get heads up with a decent chip lead.

/edit i.e. non NLHE SNGs might be worth a shot?

karitek
06-07-2005, 05:40 PM
damnit. i shouldn't have mentioned it. soon all my limit tables will be overrun by TAGs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

checksplay
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I accidentally started an omaha game once, too. I'd never played a hand before, but took second. Felt pretty good.