PDA

View Full Version : tyson vs. McBride

mace25
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
i am taking McBride +500.

anyone find a better line on this fight? i thought i saw him at +800 last week. who knows with tyson... he could show up to the fight with another tattoo on his face or something.... and who knows if he is in shape.

my twenty bucks is on McBride!

scott8
06-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I know very little about accurate lines for boxing, but I do know that Tyson has one of the better corners in recent memory in boxing.

lefty rosen
06-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Those are shitty odds you need at least 10 to 1 in my opinion......

mcb
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Tyson will not lose this fight. Tyson is in excellent shape and his corner is very good. McBride is the one who is out of shape. McBride also hired a hypnotist to help him win the fight.

Anyway, I just saw McBride at +652.

trying2learn
06-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I'll lay you 6-1 on McBride for twenty bucks...he's got NO shot in this fight...none.

mcb
06-11-2005, 12:44 AM
we'll see /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mace25
06-11-2005, 12:45 AM
well, i guess we will wait and see.

who thought dennis williams would beat tyson last time out? not me!

tyson is washed up. smart money is on the irish!

Tuds75
06-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Mace,

You obvioulsy know nothing about boxing.

1st, Tyson lost to DANNY Williams, not Dennis

2nd, The only reason Tyson lost to DANNY Williams is because Tyson injuried his leg early in the fight. Tyson almost KOed DANNY Williams in hte 1st rd. For a boxer, his legs are the most important part of his body. With only 1 leg a boxer can not put max power on his punches and worst the boxer can not move to avoid being hit and put himself in position to land quality punches. And Tyson barley got KOed in the fight. He fell into the ropes and slid down them and then sat on the mat because of his bum wheel.

3rd, You are right that McBride isn't washed up, because to become washed up first you actually have to have talent. McBride is nothing boxer. He has so little talent that it is amazing he boxes for a career.

The only way Tyson loses this fight is if something crazy/weird happens to him (ie. freak injury, DQ, or congenital heart failure during the fight). McBride can not beat Tyson only Tyson can beat himself.

4th. THe smart $ is no way on McBride because like a another post had; Tyson wins over 95% of the time.

Please do not act like you know boxing because it is obvious you do not.

Also, I like the S.Mitchell over. He got KO in 3 rds in his last fight. That really shook him up, so I think he will fight a conservative fight and be happy winning a majority decision instead of sticking his neck on the line and get KOed again.

Tuds

mcb
06-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Thank you. At least someone around here knows something.

mace25
06-11-2005, 04:25 PM
"The only way Tyson loses this fight is if something crazy/weird happens to him (ie. freak injury, DQ, or congenital heart failure during the fight). McBride can not beat Tyson only Tyson can beat himself. "

ding ding ding.

tyson will cost himself the fight. have you seen tyson "fight" the last few times out? its like he forgot how to throw a punch or defend himself.

20 years ago.... yes. not when is almost 40 years old.

i got mcbride at 11-2.

obviously he is a huge underdog... and tyson is supposed to win the fight. but at more than 5-1 i still think it is a good bet.

i will lay 5-1 everytime tyson gets in a ring....... who knows what he will do to lose a fight this time.

A_C_Slater
06-11-2005, 04:31 PM
USA today has Tyson as a 9 to 1 favorite. I would bet on McBride at those odds.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buildcoupon.asp?couponchoice=BX725902

Has KO1 ever been such short odds?

Tuds75
06-11-2005, 04:58 PM
"have you seen tyson "fight" the last few times out? its like he forgot how to throw a punch or defend himself."

Yes I have seen all of Tyson's fights in the last few years and he hasn't forgot how to throw A punch, in fact this is his problem. He throws only a single punch at a time and barley uses his awesome hand speed for combinations. His power is still there. DANNY Williams even comented that Tyson at age 38 hits harder then Vitali Kitschko currently does.

After the ear biting incident w/ Holyfield Tyson has only lost twice. Once to Lennox Lewis (nothing wrong with that) and DANNY Williams (in which he injuried his leg). Where are all these other losses Tyson has had in the time span (9years). Yes he had 2 NC but one was a simple mistake and the other was a positive test for weed, which if any things hurts your ability to preform in the ring.

So Mace, PLEASE stop posting your incorrect facts. You are making yourself look bad.

Watch Cotto on HBO, that he always puts on a good fight and the Garden will be electric w/ all the Puerto Ricans rooting him on.

Tuds

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Some of you dont realise how bad McBride is. Michael Murray lost 17 out of his last 18 fights - his one win was v. ...........

Tuds75
06-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Partygirluk,

Have you ever seen him fight? I watched him on ESPN2 a couple months ago and he was impossible to watch. He has ZERO idea of what he is doing in the ring. He is different breed of fighter: HE AS NO SPEED (hand or foot) and NO STRENGTH. The ESPN annoucers spent the whole fight making fun of McBride.

He is a Joke of a fighter and should be sending "Thank You" notes to Tyson for the next few weeks because of the payday Tyson is giving him.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I'd be astounded to see him get to round 4.

Glenn
06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
"He is a Joke of a fighter and should be sending "Thank You" notes to Tyson for the next few weeks because of the payday Tyson is giving him."

Except they'll read "Tframk yeu" because of the brain damage.

Glenn
06-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Who would you like in Mayweather Jr. v McBride? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you read maxboxing.com?

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow, McBride won!

Kevroc
06-11-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever seen him fight? I watched him on ESPN2 a couple months ago and he was impossible to watch. He has ZERO idea of what he is doing in the ring. He is different breed of fighter: HE AS NO SPEED (hand or foot) and NO STRENGTH. The ESPN annoucers spent the whole fight making fun of McBride.

He is a Joke of a fighter and should be sending "Thank You" notes to Tyson for the next few weeks because of the payday Tyson is giving him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson quits in 6th.... AWESOME!!!

Number4
06-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Mace, it's ok to say "I you so." Congrats on the win.

Tuds75
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Mace,

Enjoy your money you deserve it! Nice call on the fight. I hope you put enough on McBride so you got a good return. Congrats. My apologies on the earlier posts.

Tyson is an embarassment to the sport of boxing. No excuses whatsoever this time.

Hope some others watched Cotto fight a great fight instead of that poser, Tyson.

Tuds

mace25
06-12-2005, 01:24 AM
thanks guys. yes, i took a little beating before the fight... but its ok... thats that we are here for right?

tyson is washed up.... too bad people couldnt see that BEFORE this fight........... and bet on MCBride.........

who would bet on tyson now? no matter who he is fighting?

he beats himself.

anyways............ good win for me... hope you were with me.

if not.......... oh well...........

maybe you will learned a lesson... that there is no "sure thing" in sports betting. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lane mcbride
06-12-2005, 04:39 AM
tyson quit? maybe he wagered against himself and wanted to kickstart his rise from debt

A_C_Slater
06-12-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AC told y'all.

Tuds75
06-12-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

... that there is no "sure thing" in sports betting. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mace,

This is the SMARTEST thing you have ever posted.

I hope Tyson comes back for one more fight against a blind hanicapped 10 year old. The odds makers will have Tyson a enormous favorite and I'll be able to take every penny I have and put it on the blind boy. Then when Tyson gives the fight away in some strange fashion I will be living the high life with all my winnings.

Tuds

KingCon
06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AC told y'all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Tyson got tempted by those odds and had a friend of his lay half a million on McBride.

mace25
06-13-2005, 02:36 AM
"This is the SMARTEST thing you have ever posted. "

i thought the smartest thing i posted was telling people to take McBride......... and not listen to all these people that tyson was the best. oh well. instead of laying 5-1 on a headcase... they could have gotten a 9-1 return on their money. ...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Indiana
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Yah, I laid 100 against tyson so I'm 600 richer tday (actually a lot more after the pokerstars Sat. night rebuy tourney:) )...Congrats on all you guys who needed this payday after the Hatton fight...By the way, had the ref been a little better, he would not have allowed Hatton to charge and hold so much...That would have turned the fight in a major way...

Thoughts?? Indiana

llabb
06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Lotta emotion and some viciousness in this thread...guess that's just what Tyson brings out in people!

Indiana, I appreciate that you and a couple others have been posting solid analysis on this board, regardless of whether the fights pan out or not, seems like +EV plays.

How does the upcoming fight schedule look like - any good thoughts on fights in the next couple weeks?

Indiana
06-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Bet the over on both the Tarver/Johnson and Floyd/Gatti fights...Both are likely to go the distance...

Indiana

partygirluk
06-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Johnson v. Tarver to draw could be good value. I think it will go the distance and be very close - so a draw is very possible. Also think Robin Reid is value at 3-1 v. Jeff Lacy - that is the same price as Gatti v. Mayweather and Reid is better than Gatti + Mayweather is better than Lacy.

Indiana
06-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I tend not to bet against Jeff Lacy even at those odds. I did see that he appeared a little weak in his last fight, but the guy is basically a super middle with a heavyweight frame. He's gonna smash his opponent ...

Indiana

bohemian
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks for saving me some cash. I was very sure Tyson was going to win. Decided not to bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

llabb
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
What do you guys think about parlaying Mayweather plus either Hopkins or Tarver? Either parlay would be about -120, and a parlay of all three would be about +180.

llabb
06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Tarver by decision +140, Draw +1800.

I normally think betting the draw is a sucker play, but if this goes the distance, at these odds, is either or both of these plays worth taking?

Kevroc
06-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Wasn't Kevin McBride the guy that lost to Scotty Nguyen in the 1998 WSOP ?

partygirluk
06-13-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend not to bet against Jeff Lacy even at those odds. I did see that he appeared a little weak in his last fight, but the guy is basically a super middle with a heavyweight frame. He's gonna smash his opponent ...

Indiana

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly know nothing about Robin Reid.

Indiana
06-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Reid is not bad, I just don't see where the value is in betting against Lacy...Maybe I am wrong about this...Please educate me...

Indiana

partygirluk
06-14-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reid is not bad, I just don't see where the value is in betting against Lacy...Maybe I am wrong about this...Please educate me...

Indiana

[/ QUOTE ]

Reid is very good. Just taking aside who will win, I can't agree with your contention that Lacy will "stretch" Reid. Reid has one of the best chins in boxing today, in any weight division. He has never been down as an amateur or pro (he had a long amateur career, winning an olympic medal). I have seen him take bombs on the chin from heavy hitters, and not even be moved. Lacy couldn't even stop Omar Sheika who had been KOed 3 times previous. He took 7 to stop Rubin Williams who had previous been KOed in 1. I would be seriously shocked and mightily impressed to see Lacy win this one by KO.

Indiana
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
I am not saying that Lacy will KO Reid, just not sure that the fight will go one way or another with enough confidence.

Indiana