PDA

View Full Version : Online MTT hand

PrtyPsux
06-07-2005, 07:40 AM
seat 7: takemycash9 [KH,JH] ($7,818 in chips)

Im in 10th place of the tourney w/ 60ish ppl left. I just got moved and I have no reads..

ANTES/BLINDS
posts blind ($75), takemycash9 posts blind ($150).

PRE-FLOP
UTG+2 calls $150, MP2 calls $150,SB calls $75, takemycash9 checks.

here is my main dilema, raise or just check?

FLOP [board cards JC,AC,KS ]
SB checks, takemycash9 bets $300, UTG2 bets $600, MP2 folds, SB bets $2,034 and is all-in, takemycash9 folds, UTG calls $1,434.

I know the fold was good here, but would the SB have folded if I made it 450 preflop?

any comments would be appreciated.

Sluss
06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
you cut off everyone else's stacks so I don't know who will fold what. Are you putting the SB on Q10? If your putting him on, AA, KK, JJ, AJ or AK no he wouldn't have folded pre-flop.

4T25Q85
06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
i dont know what the buy in was for this tourney, but at the low levels i play at, i would call his push. You have both of them covered...UTG2 could easily be on a flush dreaw, and SB could have Ax, or on a semibluff with Kx.

Of the hands that beat you: AA,KK,JJ,AK,AJ,QT; AA, KK, JJ, and AK would have been raised preflop, so unless SB is a donk, we can rule those out. As for the other two, well thats a risk im willing to take, maybe its not smart but thats why im still swimming with the fishes.

As for the raise preflop with KJs, im on the fence as well and would like some opinions on how to play it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jax_Grinder
06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
First (and dear God I hope the plethora of new posters reads this and takes it to heart),please please, please use the Converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi). No matter how much you try and edit or clean up the HH, they are still mishmash. Not to mention that you often cut out essential information.

As you did here. We need to know the stack sizes of the other players. Particularly UTG+1 because he raised your flop bet and was to act behind you on the AI from SB. Kinda tough to figure implied odds and FE he may have if we don't have this information.

Raise pf to t750 or a little more. If UTG or SB repop you, then you can get away from the hand very easily. If not, then your flop decision becomes easier as there are more chips in the pot, SB has less to push you off with, and any action from you is going to get more respect.

That said, you really have NO idea where the other players are here. You've got four limpers pf, a minraise from UTG+1, and an AI from an apparent shortstack. While there are a number of hands that have you beat here (AA, KK, JJ, AK, AJ, 10Q) only one of those (10Q) is *likely* to be limping at this level. Given that information, IMHO Ax, KQ, 10K? and any two clubs make the AI move from the SB on this flop.

I am interested on your thoughts why you *know* this was a good fold? What was your thinking or is this results-based knoweldge?

Depending on UTG's stack, I probably come over the top here on the flop to isolate SB with my 2P. The minraise from SB is either a trap or he is seeing if you have his Ax kicker beat. I think a trap is unlikely if he is sitting on top two pair or a set because 9 out of 10 he makes a bigger raise to knock out flush draws with 3 to act behind him.

If you get called and SB or UTG has you beat, then so be it. Being in 10th place, I assume you will have chips left to play it out.

UttBuggly
06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, I had a set of Aces in the Full Tilt 26+2 WSOP satellite last night. 11th place with 25 remaining, last hand before the 5 minute break.

The guy with K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif pushed and I think "cool...double up and ride the blinds for the big dance satellite (200+16 Main Event) on Sunday".

Then the 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif hit and I'm out. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (my 3rd Ace is A /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Every time I play KJs, I get toasted!

Still have 2 26+2 tokens left, so next time, I'll fold the set of bullets.

Or not.

Sorry man, I have no good feel for KJs.

PrtyPsux
06-07-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First (and dear God I hope the plethora of new posters reads this and takes it to heart),please please, please use the Converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi). No matter how much you try and edit or clean up the HH, they are still mishmash. Not to mention that you often cut out essential information.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a noob to posting, just new here at 2+2, sorry about the converter but you cant use it for Pokerroom

[ QUOTE ]
As you did here. We need to know the stack sizes of the other players. Particularly UTG+1 because he raised your flop bet and was to act behind you on the AI from SB. Kinda tough to figure implied odds and FE he may have if we don't have this information.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry I left out an important fact, the UTG player was shortstacked his stack was at around 1500..

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf to t750 or a little more. If UTG or SB repop you, then you can get away from the hand very easily. If not, then your flop decision becomes easier as there are more chips in the pot, SB has less to push you off with, and any action from you is going to get more respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that was my problem w/ the hand I think if I woulda raised it to at least 3xbb I could have avoided this mess w/ the small blind.

[ QUOTE ]
That said, you really have NO idea where the other players are here. You've got four limpers pf, a minraise from UTG+1, and an AI from an apparent shortstack. While there are a number of hands that have you beat here (AA, KK, JJ, AK, AJ, 10Q) only one of those (10Q) is *likely* to be limping at this level. Given that information, IMHO Ax, KQ, 10K? and any two clubs make the AI move from the SB on this flop.

I am interested on your thoughts why you *know* this was a good fold? What was your thinking or is this results-based knoweldge?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I knew it was a good fold befor I new the results,it took me a long time to fold it but my thoughts were that the c/r A-I by the SB was, well, a bit fishy.. I dont know why he would risk his stack against a raise and a reraise w/ anything other than Q10..maybe its the fact that Ive been getting beat so bad lately, that asumming the worst is already second nature, but I couldnt even see him c/r'ing w/ Ax or K10 or whatever,,no way.. MAYBE, might have not been the greatest of folds (cuz I am getting good odds and I have a redraw if he does have Q10) but 2.5k here would've taken me back to avg stack, and thats all I didnt want,,I wanted to get to the bubble w/ a few extra chips so that I could make my moves there. just IMO though.

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on UTG's stack, I probably come over the top here on the flop to isolate SB with my 2P. The minraise from SB is either a trap or he is seeing if you have his Ax kicker beat. I think a trap is unlikely if he is sitting on top two pair or a set because 9 out of 10 he makes a bigger raise to knock out flush draws with 3 to act behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, If the UTG had a bigger stack I couldve done that, again, sorry for not posting complete info.

[ QUOTE ]
If you get called and SB or UTG has you beat, then so be it. Being in 10th place, I assume you will have chips left to play it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but I become Avg stack, which is the last thing I want.....thanks for the replies, hope to here your thoughts on this.