PDA

View Full Version : In a bind w/ JJ preflop

billyjex
06-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Sorry if this question sucks, but I am mainly a limit player and I would be reraising with this hand 100% of the time but I feel this is a fold in no limit.

$100 Party NL full ring

Hero is in MP1 w/ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to me and I raise to $5. CO cold calls (no real read on him - he is sitting w/ $50.)

Button who has me covered and who seems fairly TAGgro reraises to $25.

What should I do here? Push, Call, or fold?

If I call, what is my flop action?

Malachii
06-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Hmm... Initially, I was inclined to say fold this, but I can't see Villain raising this hard with AA or KK. This raise screams AK to me. I would call it and then checkraise all in any non ace or king flop when he makes his continuation bet.

Folding is also fine if you want to simply wait for a better spot. No guarantee he doesn't have aces, I just think it's unlikely.

PS: No mention of your stack size. I'm assuming it was 100.

kongo_totte
06-07-2005, 06:22 AM
If stacks are $100, this is a very easy fold. You're either a slight favourite or a huge dog.

Malachii
06-07-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If stacks are $100, this is a very easy fold. You're either a slight favourite or a huge dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not suggesting he pushes all in. Given 3 cards instead of 5, JJ is more than a slight favorite to AK.

Does a monster reraise from late position really look like the guy's looking to get played with?

kongo_totte
06-07-2005, 06:33 AM
The raise is not that big. After his call, it's $15 in the pot, and it´s a $20 raise. I think i´t's very commion to see that kind of a raise w/ a high PP.

davekngs
06-07-2005, 08:47 AM
I think this is a pretty easy fold. If I was playing AA or KK from late postion with a decent bet and a cold call I would expect to get action on a re-raise. However I dont play 100NL so its hard for me to say. I think he is just as likely to have AA,KK or possibly even QQ as AK and even against AK you are little better than a coin flip.
In my opinion folding is your move, pushing is not an option and if you call you must assume you are chasing so I would definately fold

meow_meow
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Assuming he's not a moron, has has AA, KK, AK or maybe QQ.

Fold for me.

PinkSteel
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Instafold. You're OOP against 2 other players who both like their hands a lot.

Assuming buy-in stacks, you don't have the odds to call for set value. You would have to count on stacking BOTH players to make it close, and there's no guarantee CO will even call BTN's reraise.