PDA

View Full Version : Adding BONUS money to your stats in pokerTRACKER

thegowzer
06-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Ok, so is it just me or does poker tracker not include bonus dollars towards your net $ and $ per hour. Well i have an idea for a plugin perhaps.

When you open up your poker tracker and open ring game statistics... it tells you all the levels you play at and how you've done. I THINK, no I KNOW it would be awesome if the user could add a bonus money section to that.

This would give serious poker players a more accurate view of how much money they've made, and how many $ per hour they're making.

I KNOW people would use this feature. I don't know anything about coding, but i can't imagine it would be too hard to make if the user is inputting how much bonus money they're making.

Thanks for reading guys hope you can come up with something!

gasoltub
06-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Use a separate program to track winnings and bonuses. I use MS Money.
Pokertracker is not completely reliable when it comes to tracking your income since it fails to import some hands at times.
So use PT as the massive stats analysis tool it is and use a bookkeeping program for bookkeeping.

DeuceKicker
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Agreed. I use a simple spreadsheet.

PT is good for analyzing your game, but adding in bonus money will only give you a too-optimistic picture of how you're actually doing. I think it's best to keep bonus/rakeback figures seperate, and use PT to tell how well I'm doing actually playing the hands.

excession
06-10-2005, 03:01 PM
i just have an excel spreadsheet - I chck my neteller $ and $ at all my sites each Sunday night - it then catches bonuses SNG's and MTT's (and rakeback) and gives me my real $/hr rate

LargeCents
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just have an excel spreadsheet - I chck my neteller $ and $ at all my sites each Sunday night - it then catches bonuses SNG's and MTT's (and rakeback) and gives me my real $/hr rate

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I actually take it one step further, and don't consider anything as earnings until it clears back into my bank account from Neteller. I've got my Neteller bankroll for the stakes I play, the profit goes to my checking account every 10k hands or so, roughly.

PokerTracker is more for tracking poker results than money results. Plus bonuses occur somewhat irregularly as they are cleared, since there are so many different ways of clearing bonuses at the various online poker rooms. Also they bonuses hard to track because they are always changing. I'd rather have Pat working on the SQL enhancements that he's currently working to finish. If anything, I wish PokerTracker wouldn't deal with dollar amounts at all, but just Big Bets. It's more conducive to pure poker logic.